2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koeman was the worst of the worst, sanctioning buying 7 number 10 players. Its odd bcs he was good at Saints but after that, including the stint as Dutch national coach, he showed he simply doesnt have what makes a top coach like Ancelotti and just gets appointed on his name as a player (he was top there).

I have a lot of love for Carlo. He changed siggyrdson into something effective, and even dragged Pickford out of letsputhoutofhismiserybehindtheshed into something that resembles a mediocre goalkeeper. Then he steadied our defence but made us sit deeper and deeper with no attacking plan but the odd counter. Usually that tactic went out the window bcs holgate or dome other idiot gave away a goal and then the opposition copied our tactic of just sitting deep and wait.

What i like about benitez is he is much more attacking, much more shots 2nd line wich produced some nice goals from doucoure for instance. Benitez also imprived our team in the 2nd half. Carlo never did that. But this guy is now leading La Liga. If Carlo had all that trouble getting us to play, now Benitez it just isnt a case of sacking him and get Potter. Nevermind the question he or any name coach would stick his neck into what turns out to be a coach chewing club with lower midtable squad aiming for top 6, even if he did he would get the same problems. Atm we have 15 points. Lfc and arseanal are write offs. Lets see how we do against straight competion when mina and dcl are back.
If you are classing Arsenal as a write off, then I can’t take you seriously.
That should be a very winnable game, won’t be with this chump in charge though.

Thats the thing, anyone can say "i want a long term plan". But you want a 'plan' where a manager comes in...takes us to Europe and stays and builds the team each year into something better.

With limited funds to spend and taking over from this manager using this squad.

Long term plan in that case is a magician.

I reckon we need ro incorporate a style of play, move the players on over a few windows and rebuild.
Its not going to take a 'magician' to get us top 8 Zat, even with this squad. The waiter has dumbed down your expectations maybe, but the reality is that it is a fat fool and a bad manager.

What makes you think he is capable of doing that? His transfer record is not glowing and he needs money to do it. He is not a manager who finds bargains he buys ready to go "out of the box" players. We also have our DOF issue there.

On the other point, sadly the past is kind of irrelevant. It's nice to have but it doesn't do anything in the present time.

Gray & Townsend for £1.7m is fantastic business and I would like to see him given the £200 million+ that Silva and Koeman had to spend because I think he would get us big, strong quick lads in.

You look at WHU they aint a massively talented they are just fast and strong and get stuck in - Antonio big strong lad, Soucek & Rice two quick agile powerhouses in the centre of the park, pacey direct tricky players like Bowen & Behrama who can pass a ball. Big athletic CB's like Zouma & Ogbonna.
Even that young RB Johnson looks a strong athlete compare him to Gordon getting knocked off the ball with ease.

If you cant get bullied or outworked or out ran on the pitch you're half way there to 3 points.

Can't keep blaming managers Brands has built a squad for a league like the Eredivsie not the English Premier League.

How many more months do you want to see us go without a win?

He needs sacking in the morning.
I don’t want to see us go any months without a win, bit of a false dichotomy that we start winning games if we replace the manager. Getting rid of Benitez also leaves us with even more work to do to be able to bring any players at all in, seeing as we then have to further sell players to mitigate the profit and sustainability problem

So, wed against Mordor FC, will he wave to them, bow, blow a kiss !?!?

Me guess is he will slide on his knees infront of them, rip open his shirt to reveal his red liverbrd on his belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.