2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez, in my opinion is not in any danger whatsoever of being removed.
He inherited a problem, financial and playing staff and will be afforded the time to sort it.

There is a reason Benitez was appointed and it wasn't because we had a strong squad and an unlimited budget,
Then he shouldn't have been appointed as he is at his best with a strong squad and loads of money to spend.

If we win our next two home games nobody will be saying anything negative and it’ll all be forgotten about. There were protests and people calling for Kendall’s head just before our most successful period of our history.

Footballs a results game, Arteta has gone from looking absolutely clueless to some kind of genius even though he’s played the same way in every single game - it’s all about getting 3 points week in week out.

The word ‘If’ is doing some heavy lifting there.

….the problem Benitez has is fans will turn against him very quickly. Things will quieten with a decent run of results but the situation will always be a tinderbox.

i doubt he’d ever win the fan base, the majority will tolerate him as long as results are ok.

It was exactly the same with George Graham at Spurs.

Even though he won the League Cup with them in his first season, the Spurs fans never wanted him in the first place with his Arsenal pedigree and never got behind him at any point during his tenure.

* White Geordies.

Last edited:
60 points got 4th in 2003/04
61 got 4th in 04/05 (which was us and we would have still got 4th with 59 that year).

But no, you are correct. It gets top 8 in nearly all years though.

Last season wasn’t a normal season though, 29 points would’ve kept you up because the bottom 3 were so painfully tragic. That’s just a complete anomaly though and normally you’d finish bottom with that total. I don’t see last season as a real football season at all. This squad of players is utterly wretched and nowhere near top half standard.

It's over for him. Done. When our away fans turn on you like that you're finished. Going the match isn't like chatting bubbles on the Internet. People don't just call the manager and players for everything in numbers like that at the match, especially away from home. When the fans turn against the players/manager like that there's no coming back from it
Agreed the abuse from the fans yesterday was on a whole other level. To a man the entire contingent was giving it pelters, throwing objects at them - the lot. Fans who had got up at 5 am to travel to London to see the team lose yet again. It can’t survive and you can see from the way it turned on the fans in the interview afterwards it knows it’s future has already been decided by them.

If we win our next two home games nobody will be saying anything negative and it’ll all be forgotten about. There were protests and people calling for Kendall’s head just before our most successful period of our history.

Footballs a results game, Arteta has gone from looking absolutely clueless to some kind of genius even though he’s played the same way in every single game - it’s all about getting 3 points week in week out.

Nonsense, all it`ll do is quieten things down until the next inevitable slump.

Did you not see the reaction of our fans at the end of the game yesterday ?? ( travelling Blue Geordies )

It`s the beginning of the end for him.

2 points out of the last 21 is unforgivable and unacceptable from any Manager regardless of his history tbh and that is going to become 2 points out of 24 by Wednesday night. Previous Everton Managers were sacked for less. This fella has got to be hanging on by a thread currently. Even though i despise most of this Everton squad more than i have any other in decades, even these balloons are still capable of getting more points than 2 out of 24 and that is completely down to Benitez regardless of injuries.

Wont be long now i don't think.

….win our next two games & the pressure is definitely off, but I wouldn’t say ‘it’ll be forgotten about’.

It’s wrong to compare this situation with Kendall or even Arteta. Kendall was a young and progressive Manager learning his job. Benitez is established, what you see is what you get. He’s also carrying a lot of baggage and I don’t mean around his waist.

Benitez can keep the wolves away from the door but they’ll always be lurking.

It won't though it will go quiet until the next time we hit a bad run and then it will all come to the fore again it was always going to be like this. It's like a couple after someone's cheated they can have periods where everything seems ok but as soon as they hit a bump in the road all the resentment comes pouring out again. It will go away with real success but not with a few good results.
Yeah mate, it’ll take a huge turnaround for us to ever not react with extra aggression to a bad result, he’ll always have a lot less good grace than Ancelotti did because of their histories, but the fact remains that if we’re winning matches, nobody cares that he’s a fat kopite but he knew full well coming into this job that he’d get dogs abuse if we went through a run like this, and here we are.

Personally, the way we played with our first team at the start of the season and the fact he’s been given no cash so far made me slightly positive towards him but god these games with injuries have been dreadful. Even with really bad injuries we have to be finding a way to beat Watford and Brentford at the very least.

Nonsense, all it`ll do is quieten things down until the next inevitable slump.

Did you not see the reaction of our fans at the end of the game yesterday ?? ( travelling Blue Geordies )

It`s the beginning of the end for him.

That told me more about what our fans think of the players than anything. I’m glad they’re getting what’s been coming to them for the past 18 months and they luckily avoided all last season. I’m not sure I’ll fully be able to get behind this team until all of them are gone.

It's over for him. Done. When our away fans turn on you like that you're finished. Going the match isn't like chatting bubbles on the Internet. People don't just call the manager and players for everything in numbers like that at the match, especially away from home. When the fans turn against the players/manager like that there's no coming back from it
Was it real bad and was it the majority turned on him?????

….win our next two games & the pressure is definitely off, but I wouldn’t say ‘it’ll be forgotten about’.

It’s wrong to compare this situation with Kendall or even Arteta. Kendall was a young and progressive Manager learning his job. Benitez is established, what you see is what you get. He’s also carrying a lot of baggage and I don’t mean around his waist.

Benitez can keep the wolves away from the door but they’ll always be lurking.
All nonsense how is it going to motivate or coach the team to anything other than 2 defeats - hammerings actually

All this rubbish I keep hearing about Rome not being built in a day is a joke. Nobody is asking Benitez to build somthing monumental right now. We all went into this season with rock bottom expectations and he's has still managed to fall massively below them. Its one thing to ask for patience from fans when things are grim but there has to at least be some faith in the manager, some belief and goodwill between the fans and said manager for that to happen and it just isn't happening with Benitez. The longer we postpone his inevitable sacking the worse the situation will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.