2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in the shop window for months and their wasn't any takers from any good leagues?

It doesn't matter who we would rather have playing. Rodriguez himself didn't really want to be here and when he was it was clear playing every game wasn't for him.

Hoe do you know he was in the shop window for months? He openly stated he wanted to stay, then Ancelotti left and strangely changed his mind once he saw Benitez rock up.

How am I supportive when I have said he deserves a share of blame?

Its like unless im frothing at the mouth demanding his head im a bad fan I mean come on grow up mate. There are bigger things happening in this world at the moment than crying 24/7 over a manager who you or I have little control/say/power/decision over if he stays or goes.

….there have been plenty of things happening in this world in the past 150 years but football matters to people. I watched yesterday with my daughter who’s a NHS Consultant surgeon. Plenty going on in her world over the past few years and I consider her grown up but it doesn’t mean Everton become less important to her.

Despite what’s going on elsewhere, we care a lot about Everton. I’d like to think I’m also grown up and I make no excuse for caring about my club and I can’t understand any supporter being blasé about us being relegated.

Well Watford and Wolves with Richarlison and Doucoure on the pitch I would be more confident but its disingenuous to be looking at Liverpool & Arsenal away coming up and claiming anything but 3 points shows he ain't good enough when we haven't won a derby at Goodison since 2010 and our record at the Emirates is shocking.

But if he does get the sack soon at least the one positive will be normally rational posters will return to being somewhat understanding of the problems the manager currently faces rather than being rabid dogs unwilling to listen to common sense or rational points.

I mean you would literally think Benitez has shagged half of the posters on here's wives and spat in their kids faces its mental.

The fans, inc us Blue Geordies, as you call us, are realistic about the current state of the club, no one expects Champions League or league titles.

What we do expect, bare minimum, is a team that looks to have a coherent strategy on the pitch and players who look like they know what system they’re supposed to be playing, even if it’s sometimes not necessarily going to be pretty. Also for the players to look arsed too.

Instead what we’re seeing, is an absolute shambles. No strategy other than to lump the ball up to a Sumo in an Everton shirt, who can’t even make into the box, as he’s that slow most of the time and players who clearly don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing.

That is all on Tapas Tits.

My 15yr old lad summed it up really.

“ if you think your managers a prick, who doesn’t know what he’s doing, you don’t really try your hardest do you ? “

Last edited:
….there have been plenty of things happening in this world in the past 150 years but football matters to people. I watched yesterday with my daughter who’s a NHS Consultant surgeon. Plenty going on in her world over the past few years and I consider her grown up but it doesn’t mean Everton become less important to her.

Despite what’s going on elsewhere, we care a lot about Everton. I’d like to think I’m also grown up and I make no excuse for caring about my club and I can’t understand any supporter being blasé about us being relegated.
It can also be an escape from what's going on in the real world which lots of us need at times because of what we are dealing with.

Hoe do you know he was in the shop window for months? He openly stated he wanted to stay, then Ancelotti left and strangely changed his mind once he saw Benitez rock up.
Benitez joins at the end of June and Rodriguez leaves in mid September so their was a 2.5 month spell once he changed his mind. The financial position of the club made it an obvious move to let him go. How can you warrant him on well over 100k a week for him to play around 50% of the games when we are midtable.

Benitez joins at the end of June and Rodriguez leaves in mid September so their was a 2.5 month spell once he changed his mind. The financial position of the club made it an obvious move to let him go. How can you warrant him on well over 100k a week for him to play around 50% of the games when we are midtable.

Right. Let's put it this way.

Would you rather...

A: Play a hugely talented player for 50% of games and massively increase the chance of gaining points

Or...

B: Buy Andros Townsend and Salomon Rondon for effectively the same wages as player aforementioned was on, play those 2 for 100% of games, and effectively decreasing the chance of gaining points.

This isn't rocket science mate.

I'm not being horrible mate, Brands gets loads of stick on here. He's constantly getting stick.

He's not playing Rondon for 90 minutes though or keeping 1 up front while we search for an equaliser is he?

Brands is the reason we have to resort to the likes of Rondon and can’t give a new manager money to spend.

Look at the summer window. We were just about able to bring in Gray Townsend and Rondon as long as we got Bernard Kean James and Walcott off the wage bill.

What type of squad doesn’t have any wingers; no backup striker, three number 10s (all of which useless for various reasons to the new manager) and bo right back at premier league standard?

Brands picked up a horrible position but he has done nothing to improve it and in fact made it worse by sanctioning the Iwobi deal and giving Keane a new contract.

Yes he gets some criticism on here, but no one is holding banners up against him or other board members are they? They’ve had years at this but instead everyone is lasering on a guy who has been here for ten minutes.

I’m getting to the point where I hope we do just fire Benitez if nothing else just timepiece how futile it is. Get someone else in and give him the same tools and conditions and I’m sure it will be loads better, the last five will have failed but let’s spin the dice again I’m sure it will be different.

Those stupid in game subs and selection pieces are almost irrelevant. They might rescue a point here and there but just look at what we’re saying ‘why didn’t he bring Simms on’ ‘why didn’t he bring Gray on sooner’ ‘what about two up top with Tosun’

So that’s a kid who didn’t light up Blackpool, a winger Leicester and Leverkusen deemed surplus to requirements, and a crock who no one on here rates anyway. We’ve seen manager after manager try all these combos. Koeman abandoning his strikers and having to go with Niasse, Allardyce playing Davies after benching all his midfielders, Ancelotti swapping midfielders virtually every game to find who was less crap.

It doesn’t matter. They’re all really poor options, one week one might make an impact and rescue a point or three but in the long term they are not credible options.

We continue to ignore the root causes of the issue sat this club because we are blinded by hatred for Benitez and desires for a quick instant fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.