2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
moshiri didn’t buy half of the crap players tho mate

The extension of Brands contract is the single most bizarre thing that has happenned at the club under Moshiri. And there have been a lot of strange decisions.

He literally failed to improve the team over his 3 year period, so we gave him 3 more. Could you even imagine that at any other aspiring football club. He wouldn't have been allowed to complete his 3 years, never mind get an extension.

Spot on mate. ?

Although I thought he made a big mistake in doing a job on James when we could not replace him I 'hoped' that he would have enough knowledge to be able to build upon last year. Sadly the fella seems clueless and the stubbornness that kopites refer to is now a feature of our team.

He had promised individual incremental improvement through his teaching but if anything he has made the players worse. He has adopted a style of play that is not fit for purpose and we are suffering because of this, not injuries. Injuries have not helped but he consistently sets us up in a way that as you say gets overrun and even invites pressure.

Personally speaking I hope that he can stop the rot starting tomorrow. I he is aggressive in his attitude and in setting the team up even a hard fought draw would give him a smidgen of the benefit of doubt but he would have to continue with this on the run to Christmas. My gut feeling is that fella thinks that he is infallible and we will see more of the same.

He’s got nothing to lose now, as we’ve been here time and time again with other managers.

Clueless performances, sliding down the table, the fans turning and the press scenting blood. It only ever ends one way.

No one is expecting us to win against the RS, but if he can somehow get the team up for it and not continue with this anti football, of webbing the ball up to that waste of skin up front, then he “ might “ just buy himself sometime.

Unfortunately, I can’t see it, due to arrogance and “ I know best / you’re all wrong “ attitude.

The extension of Brands contract is the single most bizarre thing that has happenned at the club under Moshiri. And there have been a lot of strange decisions.

He literally failed to improve the team over his 3 year period, so we gave him 3 more. Could you even imagine that at any other aspiring football club. He wouldn't have been allowed to complete his 3 years, never mind get an extension.

So weird when he was promoted to the board after about a year.

moshiri didn’t buy half of the crap players tho mate
No he oversaw the appointment of many people who did.

He had no viable “football” plan to move the club forward; he has installed himself into the club affairs with his appointments of Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti and now Rafata (Allardyce was defo on Steve Walsh’s input).

He’s also involved in certain transfers because of his association with certain super agents

There been no accountability for the failure of the u23’s and constant in-house promotions for people after years of failing

If he was the CEO of a private company he would have been booted years ago; he’s put the club in a worse posting than when he bought it. He’s treated this like a toy

No he oversaw the appointment of many people who did.

He had no viable “football” plan to move the club forward; he has installed himself into the club affairs with his appointments of Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti and now Rafata (Allardyce was defo on Steve Walsh’s input).

He’s also involved in certain transfers because of his association with certain super agents

There been no accountability for the failure of the u23’s and constant in-house promotions for people after years of failing

If he was the CEO of a private company he would have been booted years ago; he’s put the club in a worse posting than when he bought it. He’s treated this like a toy
....but it's all Benitez's fault.

Oh christ the derby is on tomorrow and we've all accepted that we will lose, possibly more defeatist than ever.

I am amazed that nobody in the mainstream media has yet to mention that Benitez should be under pressure and heavy criticism for how crap we've been.

They have mate, it’s been mentioned several times already this morning on Talksport.

Not really, we'd be sacking Eddie Howe et al for the same reason now anyway. Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference, just like how we'll be sacking the next one within 12 months.

Some managers are gambles that don’t pay off, this appointment was one that was never ever going to pay off in a million years. It was always going to be a death spiral after the first couple of bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.