2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that under Ancelotti we weren’t ever careering down the table with no brakes on. Its not just about analysing specific ‘runs of form’. It’s that factor which means he has to go, and go now.

But we were. We went 1 win in 7 and were faced with Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal coming up. Exact same scenario as now.

Ancelotti pulled three miracle results out and got 9 points and completely changed the situation.

Ancelotti is a world class manager. He got more out of these cowards than most would, and that stretch proved it more than any other. He had the benefit of playing fewer games by this point in the season, but he got the most out of the situation because of how good a coach he is.

But we have to face facts here - we're not getting anyone like Ancelotti replacing Benitez. So the problem is if we replace Benitez you are rolling the dice big time on someone with lesser experience overall or no experience of the league, managing a bunch of clowns and facing a relegation fight.

But we were. We went 1 win in 7 and were faced with Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal coming up. Exact same scenario as now.

Ancelotti pulled three miracle results out and got 9 points and completely changed the situation.

Ancelotti is a world class manager. He got more out of these cowards than most would, and that stretch proved it more than any other. He had the benefit of playing fewer games by this point in the season, but he got the most out of the situation because of how good a coach he is.

But we have to face facts here - we're not getting anyone like Ancelotti replacing Benitez. So the problem is if we replace Benitez you are rolling the dice big time on someone with lesser experience overall or no experience of the league, managing a bunch of clowns and facing a relegation fight.
We were 9th in the table entering that 3 game run. Hardly hurtling towards the bottom 3 as we are now. We are under massive pressure and crumbling under the weight of it.

At this point you are effectively gambling with a busted flush facing a relegation fight. The players can’t be changed neither can the ownership - the only solution is in fact to ‘roll the dice’ as you can’t get any worse than where we are now.

Last edited:
Usually after December you can begin to gauge an idea of where you're going to finish, you know if you're in the race for Europe, mid-table or fighting relegation. I don't think this current team is capable of putting a good run together based on performances over the last two months and I feel we are going to have to limp through the rest of the season. I could be wrong and we go out and win the next 5.

We already rolled the dice with a manager who hasnt done anything in 15 odd years. A manager who flopped at napoli. At inter. At real madrid. A manager who brought Rondon to this club. A manager on sunday who never rolled the dice when getting beat at brentford and leaving two forwards on the bench.
This theory that Everton cant do any better than benitez doesnt sit with me.
I thought he was a dinosaur before he even stepped foot into this club. Nothing really is changing my mind.
And we now also have this yucky newcastle united thing where nothing is down to him.
Well brentford on sunday was a classic example of not even throwing on forwards to rescue a point tells me a leopard doesnt change his spots.
There is a very distinct possibility he was an awful appointment. Even taking away his past liverpool connection.

We were 9th in the table entering that 3 game run. Hardly hurtling towards the bottom 3 as we are now. We are under massive pressure and crumbling under the weight of it.

At this point you are effectively gambling with a busted flush facing a relegation fight. The players can’t be changed neither can the ownership - the only solution is in fact to ‘roll the dice’ as you can’t get any worse than where we are now.

We were 9th by virtue of a good start, not recent form. Same as we were 11th by virtue of a good start, not recent form, before Brentford.

If we'd have lost those three games, we were in the mire. Similarly, if Benitez loses the next three, we're in a dire situation, but if he wins them we're not.

Same situation.

We were 9th by virtue of a good start, not recent form. Same as we were 11th by virtue of a good start, not recent form, before Brentford.

If we'd have lost those three games, we were in the mire. Similarly, if Benitez loses the next three, we're in a dire situation, but if he wins them we're not.

Same situation.
so youll be happy with firing him within 2 weeks then. I suppose that would be an acceptable compromise. Because he is getting a max of 2 points, most likely 0 or 1 from those 3.

so youll be happy with firing him within 2 weeks then. I suppose that would be an acceptable compromise. Because he is getting a max of 2 points, most likely 0 or 1 from those 3.

If we lose every game including Burnley on the 26th then he's toast and a sacking is deserved, because at that point he's statistically underachieving to a dramatic degree.

I'm not, however, going to be judging him on Arsenal and Liverpool. Crystal Palace and Burnley need a minimum 4 points for me.

But it's all subjective. The one thing that is for sure is that if he gets to Newcastle on the 30th without a win and loses that then I doubt there'll be a person alive who wouldn't sack him.

If we lose every game including Burnley on the 26th then he's toast and a sacking is deserved, because at that point he's statistically underachieving to a dramatic degree.

I'm not, however, going to be judging him on Arsenal and Liverpool. Crystal Palace and Burnley need a minimum 4 points for me.

But it's all subjective. The one thing that is for sure is that if he gets to Newcastle on the 30th without a win and loses that then I doubt there'll be a person alive who wouldn't sack him.
I'm judging him on Watford and Brentford! And the fact that we've played well for about an hour this season, which has luckily been enough for us to scramble some points together.

I've just provided proof that there isn't a drop off. It's nearly identical statistically across the board, with the only difference being we've played three more games this season than by the same point last.

Ancelotti turned it round with a crazy run in December/January; Benitez hasn't had that yet as it isn't December yet. So the only data we have to compare is above.
Benitez isn’t going to have a crazy run.

Why?

We would literally be rock bottom if that happened.

You have just written off arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea. If we get a point vs Palace, that would be a run of 12 games without a win before playing Burnley away. How are you accepting that?

We would literally be rock bottom if that happened.

You have just written off arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea. If we get a point vs Palace, that would be a run of 12 games without a win before playing Burnley away. How are you accepting that?

Because the alternative is a sacking and a random panic appointment and doing the same thing whenever we go on a dreadful run, which we will, because as I've shown above it's all this shower have done for years now.

So I'll give him a chance because the alternative is not giving him a chance and repeating the same insanity over and over again expecting different outcomes.

Calling it the exact same scenario is just an outright lie mate. In that run we had 5 points from 7 games in this one we have 2 when we played Chelsea it was 2 games since we'd won when we play Liverpool it is 7. At that time we had 17 points from 11 games this time we have 15 from 13. There are some vague similarities but exact same scenario no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.