2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every player but some of them yes. Let’s be honest we dominated Brentford but just couldn’t score and threw a goal away. They wouldn’t have scored any other way.

By your logic though Chelsea and City would never lose a single game to anyone. Football doesn’t work like that. One a one off a weaker team can beat a stronger team but over the course of a season the teams tend to finish in the right place.

A question for you, what ranking do you think our squad is? For me it’s:

Chelsea
City
United
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham
Leicester
Aston Villa
Wolves
Everton

In my view we have the 11th best squad in the league this season. I’d expect us to finish around there if everyone is fit. Losing DCL for almost half a season and long absences to Mina Docuoure and Richarlison just drags us further down that list with maybe a team like Palace edging ahead of us.

I know people see it differently though and expect us to push for Europe. I just don’t see us anywhere near that with these players. So we can talk about how we should have beaten Watford or Brentford or Rondon this, or he should play a three in midfield or whatever the latest gripe is. It barely matters. If we overperform we’ll be top ten, if we underperform we’ll be the lower end of the table. We’ll probably end up being 10-12th though, which is where we’ve been the last two seasons.

Most people know this. They just see an opportunity to get Benitez out and want to take it. That’s fair enough and I can see why, but let’s not pretend that it’s because of the managers tactical choices or his signings, it’s just because people didn’t want him. The end result this season is most likely to not be any different.

How did we get 59 points last season then?

I dont think we "dominated" Brentford at all.

I would say our 1st eleven is 5th or 6th best in the league bar Coleman and Townsend.

Well it’s a squad game so first 11 wasn’t what I asked, it also wasn’t first 11 with two players excluded for no reason.

5th or 6th? So it’s better than Arsenal Spurs Leicester West Ham? It’s not.

I wish i shared your optimism mate. Sadly i am transfixed on the reality of our shameful record against the RS and them having lost only once this season and possessing a 39GF/11GA, whereas we haven't won a game since September and possess a mighty 16GF/20GA and are currently on our worst run of form for possibly the last decade or more and with an ex RS Manager leading them out tomorrow night that the RS see as one of their true legends.

I am not sure it could actually be any worse than this for most Evertonian's. I am absolutely dreading it. It is like being set on fire and then having petrol poured all over you.
You never went through the relegation fights of the 90s then.

Status
Not open for further replies.