2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't fit the agenda

No it's because it's the most recent. It's the same way we don't compare Benitez to Joe Royle in 1995 ffs. You can't compare a managers last 13 with a new managers first 13 without being accused of an 'agenda'... 'kin hell what's wrong with you?

And even if you did do that, Ancelotti had a 1 win in 7 streak at the start of his time here, so it again points out how unstable the squad is. Without three miracle results on the spin in December we'd have been in the exact same boat.

I agree totally with this , he will not be dismissed tonight whatever the result.
Our owner has run out of options and he is decided to make a stand for managerial stability on this deeply unpopular character.
There is a logic to it but for me the thought of this Spaniard embedding his football ‘style’ into our club is soul destroying.
Seasons of apathy inducing anti - football played by increasingly limited players (I’m looking at you Longstaff) while any exciting talent is sold (Farewell Richy).
All with a deeply uninspiring and unlikeable coach at the helm.
That’s assuming we survive this season which I’m far from convinced we will.
Agree especially with the point this so-called ‘principled stand’ by the owner is actually code for ‘run out of options’.

Doubt he rates or respects The Waiter at all. It’s all about Moshiri proving a point and the waiter gives him that opportunity.

State of people arguing to let the busted flush have another window and any money. His one solo inspirational signing thus far has been Rondon a seriously limited player, he knew to be unfit from China on a large contract. That alone should see him denied any access to funds at any club ever.
We sold Gray and Townsend already?

No it's because it's the most recent. It's the same way we don't compare Benitez to Joe Royle in 1995 ffs. You can't compare a managers last 13 with a new managers first 13 without being accused of an 'agenda'... 'kin hell what's wrong with you?

And even if you did do that, Ancelotti had a 1 win in 7 streak at the start of his time here, so it again points out how unstable the squad is. Without three miracle results on the spin in December we'd have been in the exact same boat.
Ancelotti won 6 of his first 13 games with us though. He never went 1 win in 7 in his first 13.

He had a run of 4 games without a win when we played arsenal away (L), man united at home (D), Chelsea away (L) and Liverpool home (D). Which were book ended by 2 wins either side.

We were 15th when he took over, 4 points from relegation zone. I'm not sure he made any signings in that window either, but still managed to pull us out of our spiral with these players. He may have lost them later on, but certainly not in the first 13 games.

Edit. We signed branthwaite for 1 mil in his first window.

Why do you keep calling those games miracles though its very strange. We beat Arsenal at home hows that a miracle when they finished 8th and were 15th at the time we played them? Leicester are a good team but beating them is hardly a miracle. You seem very good at making things sound dramatic but not very good at making relevant points.

I do believe there are managers who could do better

I also don't think it's fair to compare Benitez's only 13 games with Ancelotti's worst 13. Why not use Ancelotti's first 13 rather than his last?
Isn't it because that team is closer to the squad/mentality that we have now?

I mean, there’s nothing any of us can do about the situation, but I’d be interested to know the opinions of those (one in particular) saying “he’s going nowhere”, “he’ll be here for a few years” etc etc........ if we are actually relegated, god forbid. So you are effectively saying he will still be managing Everton in the championship? I’d be surprised if that were the case.

let’s struggle more then marvelous

See, the thing is Matty - sometimes it's about taking one step back to go forward.

If we keep knee jerking as a club, we risk going down the path of Leeds/Sunderland etc.

Two top managers of the game, title winning - champions league winning managers have delivered identical form the last 13 games of last season, and the first 13 of this.

The answer isn't always sacking the manager - how many have we had now over the past 5 seasons? or bringing in panic signings in January.

We have to take our medicine this season. At best - upper midtable obscurity. At worst - lower midtable obscurity.

If come mid January we're looking suspect, sure sack Benitez - go interim to hope for some bounce and maybe spend a small amount if they're keeping Brands beyond this season.

There's loads of ifs, but for me - sacking the manager anytime soon won't do us any good.

@Kev The Rat laugh all you want. If you think both Gray and Townsend are poor this season so far, you will find yourself quite lonely as that is an opinion even the most ardent Benitez hater can't support.

Isn't it because that team is closer to the squad/mentality that we have now?
When ancelotti took us over we were in 15th place, 4 points off relegation. 19 points from 18 games. Actually remarkably similar to where benitez has us now.

We are actually likely to be worse off than when Carlo came looking at the fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.