2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The owner is ready to spend money but we can't spend all the time without bringing money back in."

I don't know the exact figures, but without anymore outgoings I would estimate 5 to 10 mil in January. Enough to get a couple of loans or small fee players like Longstaff.

We could take a gamble and spend 60 to 80 mil, but we would have to sell a Richy or a DCL by the end of the season to stay compliment.

The best case scenario for us would be to free up Tosun and Iwobis wages.
How have we now got up to £10m? Only James left to free up his wages of 140k a week. By the time the window comes round, that's not even £2m from when he left. Where the rest come from?

And longstaff? Yet more dross to get stuck with.

Moving the goalposts again to suit your argument. Weird fixture alignments? Jeez, clutching at straws there.

When's benitez getting his new manager bounce? We looked poor even when we won our grand total of 4 games out of 14.

I didn't move the goalposts, it was clear what I meant. There's no point comparing a mid-season start - you could have skipped City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool away in the first half of the campaign, so it means nothing. Start of a new season is fresh and the dice is rolled anew when it comes to fixtures, so it 'evens out'.

Ancelotti's first 'season' was the first one he was in charge for after a summer. Same as if we sacked Benitez now, the replacements first 'season' wouldn't be counted as halfway through an abortive one.

And I can't believe I'm getting accused of 'clutching at straws' by the same crowd who are gasping for a manager to be sacked after 13 league games and five months in charge. That's literally all you lot are doing. You have absolutely nothing. Half of you have convinced yourselves he's getting sacked tonight; news for you, he isn't.

How have we now got up to £10m? Only James left to free up his wages of 140k a week. By the time the window comes round, that's not even £2m from when he left. Where the rest come from?

I've never seen anyone beg for attention more than this Newcastle beaut. Acts like he's got inside info, then cries when people call him out.

Shameful? To stop Liverpool winning a title?

Ha Ha Ha Ha ha.

Me and 99% of Everton supporters.

How you can support Liverpool tonight is beyond me.
Where did I say I wanted the rs to win?
I always want Everton to win. However I will be surprised if we do tonight but immensely made up if that happens.
You hate the rs more than you support us.
Strange attitude to have
You'll be backing sir Keith next...
???

Moise Kean wages and whatever loan fee. Plus Bernard/Bolasie etc. Overall we got a fairly big net gain wage wise.

Assuming we were dead even with FFP, we might have something in January, but hard to put a figure on as we just don't know.

Based on our form so far our projected finish is 14th because that's where we are in the league table which is specifically designed to show you where you are in the league based on your form so far you absolute cretin.

Actually, it's 20th by form. It'd be 14th by overall results.

You really don't know what form is.

I didn't move the goalposts, it was clear what I meant. There's no point comparing a mid-season start - you could have skipped City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool away in the first half of the campaign, so it means nothing. Start of a new season is fresh and the dice is rolled anew when it comes to fixtures, so it 'evens out'.

Ancelotti's first 'season' was the first one he was in charge for after a summer. Same as if we sacked Benitez now, the replacements first 'season' wouldn't be counted as halfway through an abortive one.

And I can't believe I'm getting accused of 'clutching at straws' by the same crowd who are gasping for a manager to be sacked after 13 league games and five months in charge. That's literally all you lot are doing. You have absolutely nothing. Half of you have convinced yourselves he's getting sacked tonight; news for you, he isn't.
Yes, clutching at straws with your weird fixture alignments. Pick a 13 game run in any season, and you will likely play 13 different clubs, including several "big 6".

I mean, the games I shared from Carlos first 13 even included Liverpool, Chelsea, man united and arsenal so they weren't skipped. He also had man city in those games. The only one of the "big 6" he didn't have was spurs. So he arguably had a harder start to his everton career by the fact he came in mid season when we were close to relegation zone, had no money to spend, and had 5 of the "big 6" in his first 13 games. He hadn't got to spend 2 months with the squad prior to his first game.

Actually, it's 20th by form. It'd be 14th by overall results.

You really don't know what form is.
He said our form so far mate. As in so far this season. You are very condescending for someone who appears to be unable to grasp even the most basic of points.

Moise Kean wages and whatever loan fee. Plus Bernard/Bolasie etc. Overall we got a fairly big net gain wage wise.

Assuming we were dead even with FFP, we might have something in January, but hard to put a figure on as we just don't know.
But we knew about Kean, Bernard, bolasie etc in the summer, so that money would already have been factored in and usable in the summer. So the whole only backed with 1.7m is surely not true then?

Yes, clutching at straws with your weird fixture alignments. Pick a 13 game run in any season, and you will likely play 13 different clubs, including several "big 6".

I mean, the games I shared from Carlos first 13 even included Liverpool, Chelsea, man united and arsenal so they weren't skipped. He also had man city in those games. The only one of the "big 6" he didn't have was spurs. So he arguably had a harder start to his everton career by the fact he came in mid season when we were close to relegation zone, had no money to spend, and had 5 of the "big 6" in his first 13 games. He hadn't got to spend 2 months with the squad prior to his first game.

Exactly. So he could have been a disaster or a triumph and won every game; until he got his first real pre-season and fresh fixture list I don't count it.

Duncan Ferguson didn't lose in four games as Everton manager; means absolutely sod all in terms of judging him as he came in interim. Any manager now that came in you couldn't possibly judge on inheriting a team that hasn't won since September.

It's got to be like for like.

5 to 10 mil is what I said.

ESPN estimated James's contract to be worth 10 mil per year.

We still had a few mil left over from the summer.

He said our form so far mate. As in so far this season. You are very condescending for someone who appears to be unable to grasp even the most basic of points.

That's not 'form', that's league record. Form is current/recent. It's why you have form tables covering 5-6 games max in general, because anything other than that isn't 'form'.

Again, you really, really don't understand what form is. I'm not being condescending, I'm simply telling you why you're wrong and you're refusing to understand why. And then amazingly tell me I'm not grasping 'the most basic of points' when you have demonstrably no idea what you're talking about.

I mean I've just bloody linked you to a 'form table' to make the point and still you refuse to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.