Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.. outplayed by a far better team …. Although

1st goal was a great finish

2nd and 3rd goals … no other team in the league is conceding them …. One was defensive naivety and the other was
an inexplicable mistske

4th goal was a great finish too .. maybe Allan could do more ? Maybe Pickford could do better
1st goal ,Henderson was given a free run at the ball.
But nothing sour from me ,we were 2nd best if not 3rd

Sorry but how you work out that Allan is to blame for Coleman's inability to control a ball hardly played to him at any speed i just don't get that one it was Coleman's fault all over. Agreed on the rest except maybe the fourth should have been defended better.
Here it is from Youtube. Run it slow on Youtube if you wish. You'll see that the ball reaches Coleman about hip-high. Horrible to try to control with Salah charging in. The ball could have been played anywhere else, and we would have still been in the game at 1-2...
Coleman RS 3rd goal.jpg

Here it is from Youtube. Run it slow on Youtube if you wish. You'll see that the ball reaches Coleman about hip-high. Horrible to try to control with Salah charging in. The ball could have been played anywhere else, and we would have still been in the game at 1-2...
View attachment 147394
No sorry old blue any professional footballer should be able to cope with a ball played to him whether that be waist high or not. Monumental cock up from Coleman he didn't even have the thought of dragging salah down cos he's never getting sent off for it at the half way line. I'll guarantee if it was a Liverpool player thats exactly what they would have done. You can also see afterwards that the last person anybody was blaming was Allan it was all on Coleman.

We had a kopite in front of us, he was ok at first, then started scoffing and laughing at us. When fans kicked off, the steward kept coming over to check on him and assured him they had other seats for him to sit in?? After he wound fans up again, she came over to check on him and I lost it.

She asked me if I had a problem and I said "yes, why are you looking after a fan that shouldn't be here and is winding fans up? You gonna give him a hotdog next?." She got the police and I was threatened to be taken out of MY seat. My seat I've had for god knows how many years. Thankful to those around me who kicked off at that and eventually he was moved, despite him continually saying "I've paid for this seat"

Laughable isn't it. At most clubs they'd probably get attacked. Our fans aren't like that luckily but the club should throw them out of the ground straight away.
Just imagine if roles were reversed and you were say on the kop acting a beaut surrounded by the vermin - I'm certain you wouldn't be getting asked by the stewards if you were alright?!

The club is broken, and it's a joke you were threatened with being ejected from the Home section, and absolutley unreal that it took so long to hoof the little tit.

No sorry old blue any professional footballer should be able to cope with a ball played to him whether that be waist high or not. Monumental cock up from Coleman he didn't even have the thought of dragging salah down cos he's never getting sent off for it at the half way line. I'll guarantee if it was a Liverpool player thats exactly what they would have done. You can also see afterwards that the last person anybody was blaming was Allan it was all on Coleman.
I just think he was given an absolutely crap pass in a dangerous position. Along the floor, yes, all on Coleman. The pass (by another professional footballer) was terrible.

It's these kind of errors that are costing us regularly - like Townsend's face-high boot in the Brentford game to give them the penalty that won them the game...

I just think he was given an absolutely crap pass in a dangerous position. Along the floor, yes, all on Coleman. The pass (by another professional footballer) was terrible.

It's these kind of errors that are costing us regularly - like Townsend's face-high boot in the Brentford game to give them the penalty that won them the game...
Granted not a brilliant pass but not one that should lead to the goal like it did. I hate using that lot as an example but if that had been Arnold he would have dealt with it. Coleman for me has been finished for a while in fact ever since he came back from his leg break. We'll have to agree to disagree on who's at fault but I'll agree there's far too many errors in our play leading to our downfall that have to be cut out if we are to avoid a scrap for survival.

Granted not a brilliant pass but not one that should lead to the goal like it did. I hate using that lot as an example but if that had been Arnold he would have dealt with it. Coleman for me has been finished for a while in fact ever since he came back from his leg break. We'll have to agree to disagree on who's at fault but I'll agree there's far too many errors in our play leading to our downfall that have to be cut out if we are to avoid a scrap for survival.
The worst thing about Coleman’s decline is that he’s being put in that position by the club.
When we got Sidibe on loan Coleman probably thought he’ll have a nice job as backup for when we need him, he’s probably as shocked as anyone he’s still first choice.

Indeed. I wish some people would stand back and read what they’ve written before pressing reply.

I saw someone on Twitter last night saying he should be turned into glue.

Some people go too far.
that is quite funny tbf

but yeah, Coleman's not at fault for the position the club are in there.

He is at fault for being rubbish but if he wasn't getting flogged then he'd be alright to just drop in and out.

The fact that no player or club staff went over to Jurgen Klopp and clobbered him when he was doing the fist bumps to the crowd really upsets me. Theres zero snide in this club. Something needs to change.

Any harm chucking young Branthwaite in? Keane has been woeful and needs to be dropped. There's just no consequences for poor performances in this team. I actually think 4-3-3 is our best bet on Monday v Arsenal.

Pickford >
Coleman > Branthwaite > Godfrey > Digne >
Doucoure > Allan > Delph >
Townsend > Richarlison > Gray
None whatsoever, sick to death of these overpaid,underperforming wastrels being guaranteed a place week in, week out.

He had feckin ages to control, it wasn't coming at him with any pace, he could easily taken a step back then booted it. It was an indefensible attempt to deal with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.