2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, this Real Madrid's side isn't all that mate. If he was there right now he'd play over Rodrigo.

But, it'll be Richarlison to PSG, pretty sure on that. Leonardo loves him, Neymar would want his mate there. Easy deal for them to do.

I would take £60m for him but we’ll probably loan him with no obligation to buy.

My issue with him is that he doesn’t seem to have a plan B, at least when Carlo was here and we had injuries he knew how to pick up results (even if it was ugly).

The problem with Rafael is that, even though I think he’ll do well in the long term, I doubt he’ll be able to overcome the issues with the lack of quality this squad has in the short-term.

He said it himself, mistakes due to lack of quality cost us against Liverpool. We need to become more defensive minded and stop expecting to play on the front foot when our defence has so many mistakes in them.
Plan A isn’t too promising either

It's a bit alarming for me how he (and Moshiri) seem to keep pointing to the 'second half' of the season as when things will improve when we are barely 1/3rd of the way into the season, I guess they've written off the next 5 matches already. Shouldn't they be setting up the next game as an opportunity to turn things around? even if they don't believe it, at least try and offer some encouragement for the fans, if not the players.

For me when teams start giving it the 'things will come good eventually' is when they quickly find themselves in a relegation battle with 4 games left wondering why they didn't take more points in the first half of the season.

Newcastle in 17/18 lost 8 games out of 9, were 18th in the league and finished 10th.

In 18/19 Newcastle were 20th after 9 games, with 0 wins, they finished 13th.

Thats why he talks about 2nd half of the season. Rafas teams always start slowly and finish well.

Status
Not open for further replies.