2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing isn't it - I said after the Derby he needs to stop playing 2 in midfield and he's struggling at present yet im a Benitez sycophant because I had the audacity to give him a fair crack of the whip with no investment in a bang average squad hit by injuries lol

Our consciences are clear if he stays or goes.
You waited until after we go winless for 2 months to dare utter the slightest bit of criticism.

You are a Benitez Sycophant

Yeah it was reported in the beginning that Brands didn't want Rafael.

In October it was revealed that Rafael now has full control over transfers.

In November Rafael orders a full review on backroom staff and orders the youth sides to start playing in the same style as the 1st team.

My guess is there's a power struggle and Rafael is essentially doing his job for him.

….Managers have authority over transfers at Everton, nothing has changed as far as that is concerned.

Wherever Benitez works he falls out with colleagues, he falls out with players. It’s not necessarilly a bad thing if you’re a very good coach with a decent haul of points. Eventually he’ll cause too much internal conflict, he’s an unpleasant man.

The only thing a new manager would do at the moment is maybe spark a fire under the current squad and get us away from the threat of being relegated. It’s a quick fix and doesn’t do any good in the long run. This is still a poor squad and a poorly run club. Rinse and repeat as it has been the last so many years. I don’t have the solution but I do know that it isn’t one single individual to blame.

Yeah it was reported in the beginning that Brands didn't want Rafael.

In October it was revealed that Rafael now has full control over transfers.

In November Rafael orders a full review on backroom staff and orders the youth sides to start playing in the same style as the 1st team.

My guess is there's a power struggle and Rafael is essentially doing his job for him.
What style is that? Conceding goals and losing games?

Whe you bend over backwards to come up with excuses why Benitez bears no blame for where we are then, yes, you are firmly up his ring piece.

Hell, I'm not over the moon it's Benitez, but I simply recognise he was the best of a bad bunch at the time.
Do I think Benitez is a great manager? No, not really. Do I think there's anyone else that'd do any better at Everton? No, not really. So I'm prepared to see what happens, let the bloke actual enact a plan and as long as we're not relegation threatened in a horrible way in January then play it out.

etc. etc. etc.

The only thing a new manager would do at the moment is maybe spark a fire under the current squad and get us away from the threat of being relegated. It’s a quick fix and doesn’t do any good in the long run. This is still a poor squad and a poorly run club. Rinse and repeat as it has been the last so many years. I don’t have the solution but I do know that it isn’t one single individual to blame.

A win on Monday and we go 11th.

You waited until after we go winless for 2 months to dare utter the slightest bit of criticism.

You are a Benitez Sycophant

Because Koeman and Silva had spent £400 Million between them to end up in the bottom 3.

This fella has had £1.7 million, multiple players oot including his top goalscorer and you and your band of merry men wanted him swinging not even 10 games into his first season!

Thats not supporting the club im afraid.

Because Koeman and Silva had spent £400 Million between them to end up in the bottom 3.

This fella has had £1.7 million, multiple players oot including his top goalscorer and you and your band of merry men wanted him swinging not even 10 games into his first season!

Thats not supporting the club im afraid.
Don't blame us for seeing the writing on the wall when it was announced.

Blame yourself for being a big enough fool to believe in Benitez having any ability as a manager.

You keep saying I am happy with Benitez.

I am indifferent to him as no one available mid season will do any better.

Its that simple I couldn't care less if we sacked him tomorrow and gave Unsworth the gig until the seasons end I wont lose sleep over it the clubs miles away from being where we all want it to be ultimately.
Any chance you are distancing yourself from Benitez now when he is doing nothing else but loosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.