2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the sensible posters predicted he's here whilst BMD is built.

Whether you like him or not thats the reality.

It would take us falling into the bottom 3 and looking rudderless for Moshiri to punt him now.
I think and I’m hoping he will be gone by Christma, January window do we want him spending our money, before at the start of the season I would have said yes now definitely not.

SatSep
18​
2021​
5.30pm
PremAAston VillaL
0​
-​
3​
41,888​
Sky S
TueSep
21​
2021​
7.45pm
LC 3AQ.P.R.D
2​
-​
2​
12,888​
Digne L M Townsend A (pens 7-8)
SatSep
25​
2021​
3.00pm
PremHNorwichW
2​
-​
0​
38,821​
Townsend A (pen) Doucouré A
SatOct
2​
2021​
12.30pm
PremAMan UtdD
1​
-​
1​
73,128​
Townsend ABT S
SunOct
17​
2021​
2.00pm
PremHWest HamL
0​
-​
1​
39,132​
Sky S
SatOct
23​
2021​
3.00pm
PremHWatfordL
2​
-​
5​
38,834​
Davies T Richarlison
MonNov
1​
2021​
8.00pm
PremAWolvesL
1​
-​
2​
30,617​
Iwobi ASky S
SunNov
7​
2021​
2.00pm
PremHTottenhamD
0​
-​
0​
39,059​
SunNov
21​
2021​
2.00pm
PremAMan CityL
0​
-​
3​
52,571​
Sky S
SunNov
28​
2021​
2.00pm
PremABrentfordL
0​
-​
1​
16,957​
Sky S
WedDec
1​
2021​
8.15pm
PremHLiverpoolL
1​
-​
4​
??​
Gray DAmz P

If the house was built on quick sand.
Brands has been sacked in order to clear him out of the way for the January window.

Benitez has won that internal battle.

There is virtually no chance he doesn't see this season out IMO.

It shouldn't be a case of one or the other with him and Brands, they should both be gone. The manager should have a heavy say in transfers in my opinion but that's only if the manager will be here long term. Benitez will 100% be gone before the summer, no matter what.
I agree, I never like the director of football way, Didn’t have it when moyes was here. Just get Dunc in charge and re group.

I think and I’m hoping he will be gone by Christma, January window do we want him spending our money, before at the start of the season I would have said yes now definitely not.

Im honestly not bothered if he stays or goes the problems go much further than the manager.

I've said from day one of his appointment we need stability and an experienced hand to rebuild the squad whilst the stadium is built.

If thats Benitez so be it.

I agree, I never like the director of football way, Didn’t have it when moyes was here. Just get Dunc in charge and re group.
Only time a DoF ironically would work is with the like of Dunc in charge, or Potter for example. Someone not as experienced in negotiations and doesn't have the name value to attract players. Having a Director of Football to have over Koeman, Ancelotti or Benitez is a silly move really unless you're very strict about it.

Benitez now in charge of recruitment…joy. This club is absolute mess.

Give brands a three year contract then have to pay him a severance to get rid.

I’m not anti Benitez at all but Moshiri seems to be placing all of his eggs in this basket - which considering the results we have had and the obvious animosity of the fans is bonkers.

Signed Glen Johnson for a fee of £18m - which at the time was the 3rd highest for a RB (behind Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos).

£20m for Robbie Keane, before selling him 6 months later for an initial fee of £12m.

Sold Michael Owen for £8m and got Antonio Nunez in return as his replacement - played 27 times and scored once before being sold.

Aquilani for £20m, sent out on loan after 28 games and eventually sold for an 'undisclosed fee'.

His signings at Newcastle were absolutely average at best and ironically the worst ones were brought in for the highest fees. If he's left in charge of our transfers next this could be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.