2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think that Digne's head isn't right. You cant have a player with a gob on travelling down to Palace and creating an atmosphere.

I'd back any manager over a decision like this.

Godfrey earned the right to keep the shirt and I'd guess Digne doesn't like the idea it's a squad game.

Tough.

Why would it be sensible to sell our only left-back in January?
If he can’t get on with the manager, it is better to take a fee. There is no sense keeping a player that the manager won’t play.

I like Digne a lot, but Godfrey has also done well in that position. He is better at LB than CB, that is for sure.

I actually don't think Digne is bad at all. It is just that players must not, should not, question manager's decisions. It undermines squad discipline and the authority of the senior position of the manager. Chaos ensues.

Possibly been tapped up by another club.

£30M-£40M and that'll fund a replacement, a RB and another forward in January. Loans will be part of the package if so.

It'll be a shame, as DCL will lose some supply of accurate balls into the area.

I back the manager to know what's best here though. If he has to sell to buy in January this might be the least disruptive way of doing it.

£30M-£40M and that'll fund a replacement, a RB and another forward in January. Loans will be part of the package if so.

I back the manager to know what's best here though. If he has to sell to buy in January this might be the least disruptive way of doing it.

You think we can sign a first choice LB, RB and a sub forward for £30-40m???

Who is going to bid 40m for a player frozen out at their current club. We will get more like 20m for him

If we can offload Digne and either one of Holgate or Mina (if he wanted out) we could bring in a RB, CB & LB and hopefully another CM to play alongside Doucoure.

Might not be all in Jan but it should allow us to do so in the summer at latest.

If we can get 30m for him, that would be positive.

I dont know what has happened, and Digne has been a good signing for us but I sense some tough decisions are going to have to be made around sales. No inside information, just my own observation. If we can get 30m, it will allow us to get 2 or 3 in, in the Gray/Townsend type mould. We cant bank on getting money for the dross, so something has to give.

People will want big binary conclusions. Either the manager or player is bad. Maybe so, but I'd give some benefit of the doubt to each. Sometimes the best conclusion for all parties is a player moves on.

I happen to think, at present, Godfrey is a better fullback than centre back. He looks happier there to me. I dont think hes had a bad game at left back. I worry about him in the air, but I also know hes what, 23, which is young for a CB. A spell at fullback in a tight defence might help.

I'd go 4 cbs across the back 4 currently when Mina is fit. For me, Benitez should do full Benitez.

People will want big conclusions. To me this is a case of a player who has been a good servant, perhaps going for a good profit, to allow the club to bring some new players in.

It should always have been the way we grew the squad, selling 1 and buying 2 or 3, instead of spunking 10s of millions on every signing. Will not have done us any favours though with a fall out - will only have lowered his price.

If we can get 30m for him, that would be positive.

I dont know what has happened, and Digne has been a good signing for us but I sense some tough decisions are going to have to be made around sales. No inside information, just my own observation. If we can get 30m, it will allow us to get 2 or 3 in, in the Gray/Townsend type mould. We cant bank on getting money for the dross, so something has to give.

People will want big binary conclusions. Either the manager or player is bad. Maybe so, but I'd give some benefit of the doubt to each. Sometimes the best conclusion for all parties is a player moves on.

I happen to think, at present, Godfrey is a better fullback than centre back. He looks happier there to me. I dont think hes had a bad game at left back. I worry about him in the air, but I also know hes what, 23, which is young for a CB. A spell at fullback in a tight defence might help.

I'd go 4 cbs across the back 4 currently when Mina is fit. For me, Benitez should do full Benitez.

People will want big conclusions. To me this is a case of a player who has been a good servant, perhaps going for a good profit, to allow the club to bring some new players in.
Spot on.

And Id say that Godfrey is a way better LB than he is a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.