2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally outclassed, out played and out thought by Palace today. Benitez simply has no clue, he is an absolute dinosaur and his tactics are appalling. Took us 80 mins to try doing some of that attacking stuff. Moshiri please come to your senses and sack this idiot

That first half was completely unacceptable. If he genuinely set that team out to sit so deep and leave Crystal Palace that much freedom of the pitch then that is a major red flag...

I can’t defend that what I seen today. Even worse when decide to have a go the last 20. We just wanted to stay in the game 1st half who is setting that mindset. Something isnt right behind the scenes. Palace wanted it more than we did.

He's took the waster who barely had a kick off and his replacement scored, what more do you bloody want?
I stand on awe at our managers tactical genius. Here's something though why not remove Townsend and drop richarlison wide and bring on the the fat waster? A number of things should have happened before a straight one for one between the lump and richarlison, nothing brave there just really poor management.

I've always tried to maintain a pragmatic approach with Rafael Benitez.

I tried to understand it. The boards contract with Ancelotti left us in the lurch and I preferred Benitez to Howe or Nuno Santo.

I've said since day one give the fella some time but Everton should be replacing him at their convenience, and not when it gets vicious and desperate.

Treat him as interim. Treat him as we did Sam Allardyce but don't give him money if we can spend. Don't give him autonomy. Don't allow him to leave any stamp on the club. He's here for a transitional season - fans will never fully accept him so he's never a man to build anything around.

But huge concerns the past couple of weeks that this isn't a pragmatic appointment. Moshiri give a new contract to our DOF in April and sacked him at the first sign of discontent.

We have a owner who seems to have fallen under Benitez' spell.

Make no mistake - this manager will leave us in a worse state than what he inherited.
He's literally been given every single thing on that list mate. He had full autonomy over the signings in the summer. Now I'm not saying Gray or Townsend were bad additions, but Benitez was given full rule over who was or was not signed.

Sad thing is Moshiri will keep him there are we lose our best players and fill the squad with journey men. Gray is the only player I would say of the standard we should be looking at that we brought in last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.