2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can accept him being given £1.7m or whatever it was mate.

Interim - pragmatic appointment.

Basically what Chelsea did with him.

The concern is we have a loon of an owner who is about to give a manager who mentally retired from the top flight years ago the ability to run the club further into the ground.
I can accept it, it's not the amount itself I'm talking about. Just that he was given full autonomy. I described it the other day as me having a tenner to spend. Yeah, I might only have a tenner, but I have full autonomy on how to spend that tenner.

I agree with you that I could back Benitez in the short term if it was that but I don't think it was ever going to be when you throw Moshiri into the mix as you say. And now, look what's happened. A fan protest (that was needed, btw) against the board, which came about because the manager was failing at his job on the pitch, has resulted in the departure of some key players. Now none of those players have a particular defence, but it has also resulted in Benitez having all the power at the club.

Now you're talking...I'd bite your hand off for Potter. See how many injuries he has to deal with? See his budget? If he had a decent striker(funnily enough, we do) they'd be flying. Entertaining football too, and most importantly modern football. Benitez is 'out of his depth' and past it now

Club wasnt brave enough. Or Adventurous enough.
No direction at all. It went for a dinosaur and completely swerved someone with a clear forward thinking approach to coaching and football.

The appointment of benitez is the equivalent of going back to sit in a cage and lighting a fire with a flint.

I believe a lot of other managers get us a result there today, and could do more with the current squad we have.

End of the day mate yesterday everyone was saying "he better play 3 in CM" and he went and played it.

Im not saying Benitez is doing a good job - im saying these bang average players constantly get excuses made for them.

"We just need a progressive young manager who'll have them playing on the front foot" FFS you want to see Coleman and Delph fizzing the ball around like peak Brazil?

Its fantasy - Marco Silva tried that with half of this lot and they had him in the bottom 3.

The players and fans won the Arsenal match despite Benitez. Surely he's done now, he has us sitting back until the opponents score and then we start playing . He doesn't deserve to be there when we get DCL back and we have some more winnable games at Goodison in the next few weeks. Taxi!

….of course they did. Richarlison was magnificent, he substituted him tonight to look strong and divert blame.

He’s a horrible man and a surprisingly poor coach who’ll look to divert the blame to others.

This fanbase can turn this slide around with a progressive manager at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.