2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont expect us to be good but I expect us to be average like we have been under all other recent managers.

This record of 5 points in 30 is atrocious. The worst in my lifetime. I won't write off any season because that's giving him a free pass and none of you gave the previous managers a free pass.

Why is this manager held to different standards?

If it was any other manager then they would have turned by now. This run is too terrible for that not to be so. Problem they have is that in whole heartedly backing him from day one, and subsequently through our worst form and performances in god knows how long, the climb down is too massive for them. It’s the long walk of shame when the axe does drop. They will probably have to sliver off and become fans of another club. Become Carraghers.

Had this view.

Issue is mate, Benitez isn't the man to improve this squad.

He was the fall guy. The interim job.

Moshiri has give the fella who mentally retired when he went to China the full gig - he's got full control and it's going to send us backwards.

You said you feared relegation before Arsenal.

This team was closer to the title than relegation last season.

The squad is all but the same, we're only missing a few now and injuries are part of the game.

Sure, we're bad.

But Benitez - backed by Moshiri, is going to send us the wrong way.
I think the hope of Moshiri was that he would provide us with some stability until the stadium is built.

Obviously things have imploded far sooner than that point, but for some reason believes he needs to stick with original plan, probably because there isnt a plan b, or just as likely he cant be boterehd to own the team any more.

One of the problems the fans have too often said about the club, the manager, the players is that it’s too nice, too safe. Pandering.

I do not have a problem with a manager coming in and shaking some players up, dropping them and telling them they aren’t good enough, this team has needed that for years.

No matter how you set a team up, if you have players like Gray, Godfrey and Coleman making the mistakes they did today, you’ll lose games. That’s nothing to do with tactics, that is individual errors, lack of concentration.

That’s ok if he does it to the crap players rather than James, Digne and Richi

I think the hope of Moshiri was that he would provide us with some stability until the stadium is built.

Obviously things have imploded far sooner than that point, but for some reason believes he needs to stick with original plan, probably because there isnt a plan b, or just as likely he cant be boterehd to own the team any more.

Again, I get that.

What Chelsea did with him. Stability.

You don't go giving him full autonomy to stamp himself on the club.

The reason is simple - he's way, way too divisive.

Benitez wont be sacked, until its turns in to bottom 3 fight. The owners can screw on it for this bizarre appointment. Everton will end up in bottom 3 the longer this joker is here.

I don't know why people are questioning his position now. The Arsenal game bought him at least another month. Had we lost or drew that then he'd be in trouble with Chelsea and Leicester up next.

As it is we've got a big gap to 18th. That Arsenal win has tided him over until the opening of the Jan window.

Status
Not open for further replies.