Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Chelsea and Leicester out the way, the next 5 games through January are winnable. Players should be back by then also.

And yes I know we have lost to average teams this season but after Leicester the next games will show us if we are in a relegation fight or not.

Good scores so far tonight in our battle to survive.

I see a young local lad has scored for Villa. Wonder if Señor Rafael will give Simms or Dobbin a go anytime soon.

Awful isn't it. But im not to proud to say we are in it if we dont pull our finger out. Cant bury our head in the sand. Grateful to those just below us not picking up points.
Well done moshri. Well done benitez.

Awful isn't it. But im not to proud to say we are in it if we dont pull our finger out. Cant bury our head in the sand. Grateful to those just below us not picking up points.
It's like going back to those awful years in the 90s when I'd celebrate defeats of other relegation fodder.
Not good at all but weirdly nostalgic.
Like drinking lukewarm cans of cider in a bus shelter - that's where i/we are now.

We have been very fortunate with the way results have gone amongst our fellow strugglers in recent weeks. That game end of the month against Newcastle will be huge. They have very tough games leading up to that but we won’t be picking up many points either. That could be the difference between a 5 point gap or a gap of over 10 points between us. If only 5 points with their reinforcements arriving they will probably overhaul us

We have been very fortunate with the way results have gone amongst our fellow strugglers in recent weeks. That game end of the month against Newcastle will be huge. They have very tough games leading up to that but we won’t be picking up many points either. That could be the difference between a 5 point gap or a gap of over 10 points between us. If only 5 points with their reinforcements arriving they will probably overhaul us
I think Newcastle and Norwich will really struggle to stay up. The key question is who is the third club. Right now it looks most likely Watford based on form. Yes the Watford that put 5 past us at Goodison. The next worst form team is us! Dyche will keep Burnley up even if by suspending them from his concrete vocal chords. Leeds, Southampton, like us, too good to go down.
It is slim pickings.....

I think Newcastle and Norwich will really struggle to stay up. The key question is who is the third club. Right now it looks most likely Watford based on form. Yes the Watford that put 5 past us at Goodison. The next worst form team is us! Dyche will keep Burnley up even if by suspending them from his concrete vocal chords. Leeds, Southampton, like us, too good to go down.
It is slim pickings.....

Still think Brentford are capable of going on a very bad run but they probably have enough of a head start now

Status
Not open for further replies.