Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, stop it....please! As an arld fella I have never experienced it and hope I'll never have to. The 'R' word has never entered my mind but I have to admit even during the Wimbledon and Coventry games I have never felt more insecure because I doubt our present squad of players or management nous would carry us through

Think we will have enough points to get by. Worse teams than us (i think) who wont manage many wins either. Get dcl back and strengthen in jan 1 or 2 players. Scrape a few more points and limp to end of the season.
Say thanks to Rafael, give him his payoff and start again. (my hope)
The excitement and thrill is killing me. :/

I've been a blue for over 50 years, seen some glorious times, seen some horrendous ones.
Even with a couple of near-misses I've never really being concerned that we could be relegated.
Well the last 12 months has changed that. Downward spiral under 2 managers.
the players are over paid and woefully under performing.
Easy money no hassle for them.
I fear that we'll be relegated this time under Sr B.and unless big changes are made it'll be a long time before we get back. Can't see us doing the yo yo thing like WBA, Norwich, Fulham and the like. More like Sunderland and Bolton imo
Need a complete clear out at Goodison.
Just watching the FA cup replay tonight, Barrow v Ipswich. Had no idea Ipswich had fallen so far, just 20 years ago they were playing Inter Milan in the Uefa cup. Now they’re losing to Barrow, a non league team only a year ago. These things can happen.

Just watching the FA cup replay tonight, Barrow v Ipswich. Had no idea Ipswich had fallen so far, just 20 years ago they were playing Inter Milan in the Uefa cup. Now they’re losing to Barrow, a non league team only a year ago. These things can happen.
Yes,I remember Bobby Robson team of the 70s.
Beat us 4-1at goodison one year.

Oh, stop it....please! As an arld fella I have never experienced it and hope I'll never have to. The 'R' word has never entered my mind but I have to admit even during the Wimbledon and Coventry games I have never felt more insecure because I doubt our present squad of players or management nous would carry us through
Agreed Dan. The Coventry game was on tv and watching it was very nervy, but I was actually at the Wimbledon game, main stand top tier, about in line with the 18 yard box, Park End. Unbelievable tension in GP that day, and then finally hugging complete strangers at the final whistle!

Both those teams had some fight and character, but this current lot? I just don’t see it, the most anger I’ve seen from a player was Doucoure at CP last week arguing with the referee. Most of them just don’t seem arsed.

I don't see it as a bad thing if COVID chalks the season off !! Talks apparently about the league postponing the weekend games, Brentford for instance have 13 out !! There were calls last night for a one month break, that can only be a bonus for us, with injuries etc. Although as someone earlier said you couldn't trust this team to 'PASS' this on to each other, unless the virus can be passed back of course !!!!??

I don't see it as a bad thing if COVID chalks the season off !! Talks apparently about the league postponing the weekend games, Brentford for instance have 13 out !! There were calls last night for a one month break, that can only be a bonus for us, with injuries etc. Although as someone earlier said you couldn't trust this team to 'PASS' this on to each other, unless the virus can be passed back of course !!!!??
Yeah I was thinking the same - definitely get Chelsea out the way tonight as even at full strength it's likely not going our way - just let it stay at the end of our tough run

I definitely think if they postpone this weekend that it'll be it for a good 6 weeks based on last year's situation and when it peaked

Yeah I was thinking the same - definitely get Chelsea out the way tonight as even at full strength it's likely not going our way - just let it stay at the end of our tough run

I definitely think if they postpone this weekend that it'll be it for a good 6 weeks based on last year's situation and when it peaked
Assume they will go back to behind closed doors before they take the nuclear option of a months break? Even taking a single weekend break is genie out of the bottle stuff, it will end up being extended. Postpone and reschedule specific games as needed (hell they stiffed us to suit City last season at a moments notice) but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Plus throw in the Qatar WC to the mix next Christmas and there frankly isnt time to take a break over the coming weeks. Quite the pickle.

I think it’s our only hope tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.