Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 94, be on 3000 by the time he goes at this rate, job is safe, he does the hiring and firing at Everton Football Club
If I could I would like to pose you a question I find I am asking all his most determined partisans, well the intelligent ones at least , do you actually enjoy watching the football his teams play?
I am fortunate to have witnessed the truly great Everton sides of the 60s and 80s and to me they personify how any Everton side should at least aspire to play , with good quality , exciting football.
This is not the style our current manager coaches.
So are you happy to watch negative football into the far future?

If I could I would like to pose you a question I find I am asking all his most determined partisans, do you actually enjoy watching the football his teams play?
I am fortunate to have witnessed the truly great Everton sides of the 60s and 80s and to me they personify how any Everton side should at least aspire to play , with good quality , exciting football.
No but that is not a reason to sack Rafael, style of football means nothing, horrible on the eye football but with a result at the end of it is fine for any supporter, Chelsea a few days ago being a good example, only results count, ok if you are getting neither there is a problem. With the mess Moshiri has made good quality, exciting football is off the table, look at last season, Carlo was was no better but we didnt have these arguments then, and he didnt have a plan, at least Rafael has one even if we dont like it.
But its about were we find ourselves as a club and how we got here. I seen the 80s side myself, so apart from the odd season such as Roberto's first ive seen a lot of grim football too. As you say yourself, the 60s and the 80s side, so whats that in total, a decade and a bit of great football in the last 60 years? Were in no place to demand great football, its not something we are used too, it really isnt.
Circumstances are the reason Rafael is here, mostly behind the scenes, and he seems to be doing more about it then any manager post Moyes

No but that is not a reason to sack Rafael, style of football means nothing, horrible on the eye football but with a result at the end of it is fine for any supporter, Chelsea a few days ago being a good example, only results count, ok if you are getting neither there is a problem. With the mess Moshiri has made good quality, exciting football is off the table, look at last season, Carlo was was no better but we didnt have these arguments then, and he didnt have a plan, at least Rafael has one even if we dont like it.
But its about were we find ourselves as a club and how we got here. I seen the 80s side myself, so apart from the odd season such as Roberto's first ive seen a lot of grim football too. As you say yourself, the 60s and the 80s side, so whats that in total, a decade and a bit of great football in the last 60 years? Were in no place to demand great football, its not something we are used too, it really isnt.
Circumstances are the reason Rafael is here, mostly behind the scenes, and he seems to be doing more about it then any manager post Moyes
Fair enough.
It is evident we are diametrically opposed in our expectations for our club.
I do not share your position and the only thing we have in common is that
we support Everton F,C. , just different versions.
Ah well, c’est la vie as they say.
I should also add that while I disagree with your view I do however respect it.

The answer might well be nobody. It’s the year 3064, and just like in Futurama, Rafael Benitez’s head in a jar continues to manage Everton who are languishing in division 12 of the interstellar premier league.

Benitez will not be going anywhere until he gets his own players in.. gets the previous four managers players who don’t fit in with what he’s trying to do out and over a certain period of time gets the team and players using the tactics he’s implemented dancing to his tune... until then he won’t be going anywhere and that should be the benchmark for any manager coming in unless the team is in relagation trouble.

Benitez will not be going anywhere until he gets his own players in.. gets the previous four managers players who don’t fit in with what he’s trying to do out and over a certain period of time gets the team and players using the tactics he’s implemented dancing to his tune... until then he won’t be going anywhere and that should be the benchmark for any manager coming in unless the team is in relagation trouble.
What do you reckon on Kanes tackle today mate?

Think the ref got both decisions spot on in my opinion

If I could I would like to pose you a question I find I am asking all his most determined partisans, well the intelligent ones at least , do you actually enjoy watching the football his teams play?
You lost me at intelligent. lol

What is he actually trying to do as I can’t see a plan?

What do you reckon on Kanes tackle today mate?

Think the ref got both decisions spot on in my opinion
Unfortunately in today’s game you simply can’t tackle like that anymore as much as I miss it.. regarding Kane there is no doubt because he is the England captain it came into the equation much like Bryan Robson and Alan Shearer got away with it all those years ago... the Robertson was a definite sending off.. he lost the ball and his frustrations got the better of him and he kicked through the player so in my opinion both were sendings off...

What is he actually trying to do as I can’t see a plan?
I can see him having a plan but players not being good enough to implement it out on the pitch due to injuries or simply not being good enough quality wise. You also have to factor in no manager can do anything about a player making individual mistakes and this has also plagued the team on quite a few occasions this season.

Like I say once a manager has his own players in and are drilled with the tactics he wants to use.. if that’s still not good enough then by all means show him the door.. up until then it’s not the right time to judge him unless ofcorse there is a really good chance the team will be relagated which has never been on the cards this season due to poorer teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.