Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum: Why do we never buy early, why do we never buy young unknown players

Also this forum: Why are we buying some unknown kid before Jan
Benitez is the devil and kopite who will relegate the club. He is destroying the club who has not won anything in 27 years by dragging them down from mid table to mid table. Injuries? No money spent? All excuses. A real manager will coach the team into prime Barcelona with 99% possession. Get in line with the "real" fans and ignore all logic and facts. Say anything remotely positive and risk being judged in some true blue court and get all your posts spammed with a tiny ratty middle finger. /s

At £17m it would be expensive competition at left back mate considering we urgently need a right back.
Well in todays money it isn't a lot(football wise) and we do need a RB 100% but we also needed a LB and it's exactly the type of signing we should be making to offer competition for places. I guarantee that people will perform better when they know their place is under threat.

We still need a RB anyway, so makes no odds really.

Well in todays money it isn't a lot(football wise) and we do need a RB 100% but we also needed a LB and it's exactly the type of signing we should be making to offer competition for places. I guarantee that people will perform better when they know their place is under threat.

I agree with that mate, the problem is though we have to be careful how we spend our money with FFP.

Was going to say the same. 17m doesn't really get very far and signing a LB doesn't mean there won't be anymore signings. The windows hasn't ended yet. Oh wait. It hasn't even started. I think there will be another RB and CM coming.

I agree with that mate, the problem is though we have to be careful how we spend our money with FFP.
FFP is definitely a concern. Someone more well versed in the nuance of transfer accountings has said earlier than 1 player sale for a decent amount will easily balance the books for a few transfers in so I'm quite positive that FFP has been taken into consideration and won't be an issue.

Benitez is the devil and kopite who will relegate the club. He is destroying the club who has not won anything in 27 years by dragging them down from mid table to mid table. Injuries? No money spent? All excuses. A real manager will coach the team into prime Barcelona with 99% possession. Get in line with the "real" fans and ignore all logic and facts. Say anything remotely positive and risk being judged in some true blue court and get all your posts spammed with a tiny ratty middle finger. /s
Fantastic post

Was well known it was happening but Benitez didn’t want to ‘waste’ the money in his view. No conspiracy about it, just what happened.
Im sorry, but this has always been nothing more than a rumour. The way it was told at the time was that we could not release the funds to buy him and he went to inter for real money. We then turned our attention Paterson

From what I've read about this guy he strikes me as a £5m player that would still be a risk at that price. With the financial position Everton are in the moment they should only be paying £20m for players that would be worth £30+m if they were tied in to longer contracts by their current club.

Status
Not open for further replies.