2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I’m one of the two thirds and I’m hardly Sky sports brigade. I watched us win the title in 1962-63. Just get used to the fact that most Evertonians don’t want Benitez as manager. The football we have played has been as bad as anything I’ve seen here, there is just the tiniest bit of justification for that if it brings good results...it hasn’t.
'I'm one of the two thirds'.
That's a head scratcher Roy and no mistake. I fear though you may be chasing shadows. Most Evertonians were delighted by the performances against Arsenal and Chelsea, and understand the extenuating circumstances. there is every reason for optimism as we head into the New Year.

That's a head scratcher Roy and no mistake. I fear though you may be chasing shadows. Most Evertonians were delighted by the performances against Arsenal and Chelsea, and understand the extenuating circumstances. there is every reason for optimism as we head into the New Year.
Is there Kev? I hope you’re right, time will tell, but, I’m not holding my breath.

The poll would be much different if it was done during the first 6 games of the season. Swing voters will always vote based on the recency bias theory. If Everton starts winning again and Everton looks to be improving after the changes he made, I suspect a similar poll will see a swing in the other direction.

A theory of mine but it seems like Moshiri has been doing what fans wanted for a long time, appoint someone with football knowledge, Benitez, hands him power and retreat into the background without meddling. Maybe the 500m wasted has woke him up, maybe he is focused on the stadium. Maybe Usmanov is insisting.

You can disagree with his choice but he seems to be doing what many wanted.

Fair enough.. if you are not a SKY Sports brigade fan then you must surely of been brought up like me on older more traditional values.. No... so if that’s the case how on earth can you be judging a manager who is yet to field his strongest team and has had less than 2 million to spend in one transfer window... going on your view you must of definately been one of the 13k who called for Howard Kendall to be sacked v Coventry in 1983.. you must of been if you are going to apply the same criteria for Benitez..
I am ashamed to admit I was part of the baying mob at Blackpool and at Bramall Lane chanting "Catterick out". How mistaken was that? I slunk home after the Coventry game but didn't demonstrate against Kendall.

I am ashamed to admit I was part of the baying mob at Blackpool and at Bramall Lane chanting "Catterick out". How mistaken was that? I slunk home after the Coventry game but didn't demonstrate against Kendall.
A brave person to admit to that, but, I actually think your actions speak well of you. The call for Harry was not a dislike for him as such, but more a show of devotion towards The Greek God of Football; The Golden Vision that was Alex Young.
Your strength of belief and character came to the fore when you didn't join the baying mob calling for the head of Howard. In that instance your refusal to do so was based on your love for Everton Football Club.
You are a good fan @everton1953!

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I do find it odd how there's a handful of members who have registered since the appointment of Benitez, who post exclusively about Benitez.

You'd think Everton forum - why wouldn't new members talk about the biggest topic on an Everton forum but trust me - I've been running forums for a while now - longer than I care to admit and there does seem to be some odd behaviour with regards to Benitez. I've only seen it once before when Everton were linked with Tosun (we had accounts definitely trying to influence fan comments during that transfer and only after I publicly highlighted it did it stop).

They always seem to have an IP in Liverpool, (a fair few have been the same postcode but not a multi), always as generic name as you can possibly think of and they always use the same email address (albeit, it is fairly popular). These new accounts post pretty prolifically for new accounts and exclusively about Benitez.

I mean, @Legend78 - sorry to pick on you mate and it could be a complete coincidence and you're just the unlucky one who I've just noticed. You registered last month - you have 100+ posts and without checking extensively, they all seem to be about Benitez. The only other thread I noted your involvement was defending the sale of James Rodriguez - again, playing into Benitez . Nothing else? Can you pipe down my paranoia and privately send me a Twitter account or ANYTHING that would show you have been an Evertonian before November 2021? Anything under the same name as your email address?

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I do find it odd how there's a handful of members who have registered since the appointment of Benitez, who post exclusively about Benitez.

You'd think Everton forum - why wouldn't new members talk about the biggest topic on an Everton forum but trust me - I've been running forums for a while now - longer than I care to admit and there does seem to be some odd behaviour with regards to Benitez. I've only seen it once before when Everton were linked with Tosun (we had accounts definitely trying to influence fan comments during that transfer and only after I publicly highlighted it did it stop).

They always seem to have an IP in Liverpool, (a fair few have been the same postcode but not a multi), always as generic name as you can possibly think of and they always use the same email address (albeit, it is fairly popular). These new accounts post pretty prolifically for new accounts and exclusively about Benitez.

I mean, @Legend78 - sorry to pick on you mate and it could be a complete coincidence and you're just the unlucky one who I've just noticed. You registered last month - you have 100+ posts and without checking extensively, they all seem to be about Benitez. The only other thread I noted your involvement was defending the sale of James Rodriguez - again, playing into Benitez . Nothing else? Can you pipe down my paranoia and privately send me a Twitter account or ANYTHING that would show you have been an Evertonian before November 2021? Anything under the same name as your email address?
There’s one even more egregious example. Signed up the previous time Benitez was linked with the Everton job, posted exclusively about him. Disappeared for ~2 years when he didn’t get the job, then popped back up in the summer and hasn’t left, still with the same posting pattern.

There’s one even more egregious example. Signed up the previous time Benitez was linked with the Everton job, posted exclusively about him. Disappeared for ~2 years when he didn’t get the job, then popped back up in the summer and hasn’t left, still with the same posting pattern.

+ pretends to be ITK with everything Benitez-related

Paranoid? Nah - it's clear as day lately.

Get him gone

It's that type of behaviour - only active when it's in Benitez' interest that initially caught my attention.

It's whether the account is ;

1. Just a blue who is engaging in the most topical EFC discussion.
2. A Benitez obsessive/bit of a fan boy. He does have a bit of a cult following.
3. And this is where I could be paranoid. A calculated PR effort.

The reason for 3, is because of behaviour that differs quite significantly from 1.

Didn't see the result of the forum poll in numbers of votes, but someone earlier said if was close and came out in favour of RB being sacked. Compared to the whole Everton family of fans the poll presumably is a microscopic sample and ought not be quoted as the voice of the people, and that would apply if the vote went for keeping him. His appointment must have come as a surprise and even a shock to many at the time. But the die has been cast and we should see it through and avoid following another Watford style management turn over farce. How long he will be given to achieve real lasting positive change, we don't know. Tighten your seatbelts for the ride.
The poll is literally at the top of the page. Currently 61.5% in favour of sackings. Noone is speaking as the "voice of the fans" as you keep saying. Posters using the words "our fans" are not incorrect because there clearly a number of our fans (even just on this site) who want him gone. Stop being so pedantic and ignoring the actual issues.

It does make you think doesn’t it?

Were most evertonians delighted by the performances against Palace, brentford, Watford, villa, etc etc? Hell, we're they delighted with the 'performances' against saints or Burnley which we won?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.