New Everton Stadium Discussion

Any idea how that compares with the stadium Juventus have built?

I can’t find any info anywhere about how steep their stands are.

I’d love ours to be a similar gradient to theirs.

As I said, the maximum allowable under the Green Guide/Sports Grounds Safety Authority is 33 degrees. This will represent the majority of the stands in our new stadium.
Although there is no direct information on the rake of the seats in the Juventus Stadium, the "UEFA regulations for stadium infastructure" state that any stand angle greater than 34 degrees is likely to cause vertigo.

So I don't think you have to worry about the comparison. At least ours won't have those stupid metal poles in each corner.

Fill it in and use it.
Filling in Nelson Dock would totally break the aesthetic. It won’t happen.

Being edged up to the water of Nelson Dock is what makes this a visually spectacular location. If you lose that, you’re basically at the Riverside in Middlesbrough.

Development will happen around the east and south edges of Nelson Dock (and I’d be amazed if Everton / our owners aren’t involved in that) - but it absolutely will not be filled in.

Filling in Nelson Dock would totally break the aesthetic. It won’t happen.

Being edged up to the water of Nelson Dock is what makes this a visually spectacular location. If you lose that, you’re basically at the Riverside in Middlesbrough.

Development will happen around the east and south edges of Nelson Dock (and I’d be amazed if Everton / our owners aren’t involved in that) - but it absolutely will not be filled in.
Never say never.

Ilm not talking about in the next few years. But over time it might be a different matter.

For what? And not entirely sure if we have a lease on it anyrate.
Well, I've seen the footprint of the Everton Stadium and I must say it looks a bit of a squeeze (I know that Goodison's footprint fits it, but it doesn't include stuff like Everton One). If you look at the sprawl of Anfield now I doubt that'd fit into the existing space we have. If we're successful in the new stadium and we're looking to expand I dont see how BMD accommodates it.

Considering how much it's cost to do that so far, to put a stadium on it, i'm pretty sure they won't do that to put bars and a gift shop on it

Hotel, bars, museum, car park space.

Maybe not for a few years, but it'll be an obvious investment if we're successful down there.

Can you imagine Chelsea, United, City or Liverpool not doing such a thing?

Hotel, bars, museum, car park space.

Maybe not for a few years, but it'll be an obvious investment if we're successful down there.

Can you imagine Chelsea, United, City or Liverpool not doing such a thing?
I don’t think any hotels will be built there Dave when you can walk 15 minutes to the city centre where there’s plenty.