2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have an option, we can stop going the game we can hound the useless prick out before he puts us deep in the relegation zone, we can force the board to make the decision but the protests need to be loud and clear.
Moshiri might of appointed him to take us to BMD safely and in his dreams that would of been his perfect scenario but if he doesn't act now there wont be any BMD so he can forget that pipedream.
My self imposed exile was one game then I
Went back to be treated to whatever that was yesterday . My Season ticket money feels like a complete and utter waste

It both scares and infuriates me how much your head is in the sand over Moshiri. You’ll realise one day when you grow up that we were right.

Moshiri is trying his best ultimately.

You'll never want for nothing so long as he is owner. Yes he needs to shake up the board and remove Kenwright but ultimately he's not committed crimes deserving of the boot so far.

I know I’ll get abused for making any point other than calling for him to be sacked but is it not worth discussing that once again, another Everton manager, the FIFTH in a row, has gone to 5 at the back. Those who want him out should be pleased at this development because it’s the classic final move of the Everton manager death spiral shortly before they are fired.

Why have five managers all come to the same conclusion?

For me the problem has been the same across all managers, and is the root cause of this issue, and it’s that the collective group of defenders are just not individually good enough.

When we play in a 4, our full backs get exposed. Quite simply Coleman (especially) but latterly Digne also are not good enough to be left one on one vs any top winger in the league. They’re getting caught out of position as their pace has gone, and crosses are coming in all the time.

This is leading to the crux of the problem which is Michael Keane. Unless he’s defending in an area that’s 2 metres by 2 metres he can’t play football. When the fullbacks start roaming he starts getting dragged all over the place and it leads to carnage. Perhaps then the answer is to cover the issue with a defensive midfielder, and then you realise there isn’t a competent one in the squad since Gueye left.

So one by one Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti, and now Benitez, have all come to the conclusion that the best way forward for this group of defenders is to cover up the limitations by playing 5 at the back. Unfortunately though each manager has painfully found out that there’s not a single defensive brain between Keane Coleman Digne Godfrey Holgate. Basically unless Mina is in there not one of these clowns has any idea how to lead a defence, or god forbid play with three centrebacks. Throw zonal marking in and it’s a clown show.

I’m not surprised we’re being linked with defenders and bought Mykolenko. The rot needs to be stopped in that back line position by position. Get a few competent full backs in who can defend, hopefully get Mina back playing or at least get two of them to do some basics, then look at overhauling then CBs later.

That for me is the only way out of this mess otherwise why won’t the 6th manager just end up facing the exact same tactical conundrum that the five previous managers have had and failed to solve?

My self imposed exile was one game then I
Went back to be treated to whatever that was yesterday . My Season ticket money feels like a complete and utter waste
Then it should remain while he is still in charge, i know its not that easy for some people mate.

While we have a packed Goodison and selling out our away allocation then Moshiri will think we are behind his decision. They are so far detached from reality its frightening.

I know I’ll get abused for making any point other than calling for him to be sacked but is it not worth discussing that once again, another Everton manager, the FIFTH in a row, has gone to 5 at the back. Those who want him out should be pleased at this development because it’s the classic final move of the Everton manager death spiral shortly before they are fired.

Why have five managers all come to the same conclusion?

For me the problem has been the same across all managers, and is the root cause of this issue, and it’s that the collective group of defenders are just not individually good enough.

When we play in a 4, our full backs get exposed. Quite simply Coleman (especially) but latterly Digne also are not good enough to be left one on one vs any top winger in the league. They’re getting caught out of position as their pace has gone, and crosses are coming in all the time.

This is leading to the crux of the problem which is Michael Keane. Unless he’s defending in an area that’s 2 metres by 2 metres he can’t play football. When the fullbacks start roaming he starts getting dragged all over the place and it leads to carnage. Perhaps then the answer is to cover the issue with a defensive midfielder, and then you realise there isn’t a competent one in the squad since Gueye left.

So one by one Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti, and now Benitez, have all come to the conclusion that the best way forward for this group of defenders is to cover up the limitations by playing 5 at the back. Unfortunately though each manager has painfully found out that there’s not a single defensive brain between Keane Coleman Digne Godfrey Holgate. Basically unless Mina is in there not one of these clowns has any idea how to lead a defence, or god forbid play with three centrebacks. Throw zonal marking in and it’s a clown show.

I’m not surprised we’re being linked with defenders and bought Mykolenko. The rot needs to be stopped in that back line position by position. Get a few competent full backs in who can defend, hopefully get Mina back playing or at least get two of them to do some basics, then look at overhauling then CBs later.

That for me is the only way out of this mess otherwise why won’t the 6th manager just end up facing the exact same tactical conundrum that the five previous managers have had and failed to solve?
He doesn’t have to play Keane, but he does. He can also set them up deep to counter Keanes issues, but he doesn’t

We do have an option, we can stop going the game we can hound the useless prick out before he puts us deep in the relegation zone, we can force the board to make the decision but the protests need to be loud and clear.
Moshiri might of appointed him to take us to BMD safely and in his dreams that would of been his perfect scenario but if he doesn't act now there wont be any BMD so he can forget that pipedream.

Im skeptical tbh mate - our fans dont pack in going the game and Goodison is only angry when we're in the bottom 3 places.

Moshiri won't be giving in certainly not until the end of next season at the earliest when the managers deal expires.

He is right in fairness.

1. Moshiri is backing him to the hilt

2. Certain fans like Kev The Rat cant wait to moan after every dropped point (and moan even when we win).

Thats not me defending Benitez either.
1. he is not backing him personally - he is desperate to avoid the threat of relegation - unlike you

2. there are barely any points being gained and we are i nthe worst run seen under any manager at the club.

Im skeptical tbh mate - our fans dont pack in going the game and Goodison is only angry when we're in the bottom 3 places.

Moshiri won't be giving in certainly not until the end of next season at the earliest when the managers deal expires.
Looking at the empty seats yesterday a fair amount couldn't be bothered yesterday.

Obviously there are other issues going on currently though so that will have something to do with it but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.