Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have not noted the stick he's been receiving from the Brighton support over the last few months. Many seemingly do not appreciate the slow, methodical football on show. Touch of the Roberto Martinez about him.
I hear you, though I did note that with much curiosity. I believe that there were some boos ringing around the Amex following their draw with the Toon. According to Brighton fans I’ve spoken to it was an isolated to just that 1 game and frustration at another of many draws in a row - but vast majority were disgusted with the boos and their next game at West Ham they were all singing his name. That said, you are quite correct with your point well made. Some fans are never happy - we have our fair share of them. Personally I enjoy watching Brighton’s style of play and to be 8th, with only 4 defeats seems impressive to me and Potter himself comes across as a very calm, grounded but very ambitious young up and coming manager who is confident enough to take risks with an expansive game when it would be far easier to play a more defensive counter attacking game. But obviously he won’t be everyone’s cup of tea

Kovac anyone? I saw a French football magazine (GFFN I think?) defend him over his recent sacking at Monaco. Apparently he was a victim of his own success after his first season in charge.

Kovac. He's youngish, he had Monaco to 3rd last year, got Frankfurt to CL in Bundesliga. Makes sure players are in top shape, does twice a day training. Should have gone for him instead of Carlo.

I actually like Kovac too. I watched him while he managed Bayern and was impressed with some of his tactics, and his looks too :blush: We need a younger manager. Benitez, and even Ancelotti, are the tacticians of the past.

Here's the Monaco squad.

He's underperfomed to have them in 6th.

Its a great squad.

Just give it Potter
Why?

How about just keep benitez. Let him actually bring his own players in and see how he gets on. Why keep putting the club backward 2 steps.

Benitez has come in, he's got his foot in the door now, he knows what we need to change and what we need to do to improve. He's only now making his first real money signings in areas we all knew needed improving. I have absolute faith he knows how to take us back to where we want to be but he's not a magician, he just needs time. Sacking him would be the worst decision the clubs made because it would be massively unjustified.

Why?

How about just keep benitez. Let him actually bring his own players in and see how he gets on. Why keep putting the club backward 2 steps.

Benitez has come in, he's got his foot in the door now, he knows what we need to change and what we need to do to improve. He's only now making his first real money signings in areas we all knew needed improving. I have absolute faith he knows how to take us back to where we want to be but he's not a magician, he just needs time. Sacking him would be the worst decision the clubs made because it would be massively unjustified.
You’ve watched us play and your take is stick with this rubbish ? I’ll take anything, any sign he’s improved one single thing since his arrival . We’re awful at just about everything except getting beat .

Why?

I know he played you yesterday Johnjoe but I think you might change your opinion if you look at the transfer thread and see he's signing a new right back.

Why?

Ideally, I agree, but there are some factors that make this very difficult:

- His LFC connection.
- His reactive style, and especially when we leak like titanic.
- His less positive statements in the media.

Benitez was never my manager, but when he was hired I chose to try to be positive. I still think he should get more time, but it is very difficult to see anything in the game that can be built on. It does not look good.

Ideally, I agree, but there are some factors that make this very difficult:

- His LFC connection.
- His reactive style, and especially when we leak like titanic.
- His less positive statements in the media.

Benitez was never my manager, but when he was hired I chose to try to be positive. I still think he should get more time, but it is very difficult to see anything in the game that can be built on. It does not look good.
I don't know what we should do, Either is a massive risk. Keep him and see if he can buy real players who will fight for the team or sack him and hire another manager (loosing yet more funds on compensation) ....I'm going to have to say keep him and see. It's horrible being in this position in the first place. Moshiti is the man I am most angry with right now.
"I didn't give Moyes the job because of the fans not wanting him".....so I gave them the worse possible appointment who would have the other half of Liferpool laughing they're asses off

Yeah.... Cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.