2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Benitez sees himself as a DoF. Even though he's doing crap with us atm he seems very much passionate about management. Can't see it happening personally but who knows. Where has this idea even came from? Was it rumoured that this was the case?

He's 61 and settled in the area. The project he took on in China was very focused on DOF type work...

If we bin him off then where does he go next? Why has Brands been punted without a replacement?

I could see the idea behind Benitez coming in as manager for 3 seasons while recycling the squad...then moving into a DOF role at 64 to build the club up once the new stadium is built.

The idea has come from my imagination and seems to be a reason why hes been hired and not yet been sacked...while seemingly being given authority.

He's 61 and settled in the area. The project he took on in China was very focused on DOF type work...

If we bin him off then where does he go next? Why has Brands been punted without a replacement?

I could see the idea behind Benitez coming in as manager for 3 seasons while recycling the squad...then moving into a DOF role at 64 to build the club up once the new stadium is built.

The idea has come from my imagination and seems to be a reason why hes been hired and not yet been sacked...while seemingly being given authority.
But it seems like he wants Longstaff. Just no.

We can just look at the deals overall so far or each in isolation.

By the end of this window we can judge a bit more on his recruitment and ability to move players on.

As for DOF that may have been the plan...manage for 3 years then become DOF. It may he advanced due to his poor managerial performance.
He’s the last person you’d ever want in charge of the future direction of your club.

Kenwright is back as the DoF now it seems

Nowhere, his career at the top level is finished after us thank god, no place in modern football for his Jurassic ways

?

He’ll be an LFC club ambassador most likely

I don’t know Zat, I think a lot of what you post makes sense, but, Benitez as DOF? Please tell me you’re on a wind up. The last person in the world we want setting out our recruitment and our playing style across the club for years to come is Benitez. The football we play now would make a Burnley fan’s eyes bleed.

Please tell me you don’t seriously think it’s a good idea to saddle us with Benitez controlling the whole club for years to come. He would fashion us in his own image you know.

The general anti-Benitez posts just go around in circles now. 76.4% in the vote want him gone and the arguments are clear from both sides.

If theres going to be a positive from his reign then Id like it to be in the form of recycling the players.

The positives are on the flanks with Gray/Gordon and now Mykolenko/Patterson.

No matter who scouted these players, I imagine Benitez signed them off as both stated that they had talked positively with him.

Aside from the 5 out of contract in the summer, there are 11 further players that need to be moved out of the club.

While the goalposts may change, If he's able to get rid off 5 or 6 of those players this window then that can only be a positive.

As for the results, if they dont improve then he'll be sacked. However, if he shows some nous on the recruitment side then there may be a DOF role for him.
Promoting someone for failing horribly at their job would be a very Everton thing to do actually so even though it's one of the worst ideas i've ever heard even from you there might be something in it.

He’s the last person you’d ever want in charge of the future direction of your club.

Kenwright is back as the DoF now it seems

Nowhere, his career at the top level is finished after us thank god, no place in modern football for his Jurassic ways

?

I don’t know Zat, I think a lot of what you post makes sense, but, Benitez as DOF? Please tell me you’re on a wind up. The last person in the world we want setting out our recruitment and our playing style across the club for years to come is Benitez. The football we play now would make a Burnley fan’s eyes bleed.

Please tell me you don’t seriously think it’s a good idea to saddle us with Benitez controlling the whole club for years to come. He would fashion us in his own image you know.

It seems like Kenwright may be doing a good job in working quickly to bring in the full backs.

Im not someone whose 'anti' Kenwright at all but when i look at the board (and now with Sharp) it looks lightweight.

No idea if Benitez would make a good DOF but he seems very methodical and meticulous in his approach. Isnt considered to be a 'nice guy' and is very demanding which should put pressure on the board.

I dont think anyone knows how he would do as a DOF but i could see the reasoning behind Moshiri wanting him to start as manager. Recycle the squad while slowly improving the team over 3 seasons until the stadium is built.

For me, i favour Paul Mitchell now at Monaco and previously at Red Bull, Spurs, Southampton and Milton Keynes.

Im not someone whose 'anti' Kenwright at all but when i look at the board (and now with Sharp) it looks lightweight.

0_Everton-Pre-Season-Training-Session.jpg

Problem solved.

The general anti-Benitez posts just go around in circles now. 76.4% in the vote want him gone and the arguments are clear from both sides.

If theres going to be a positive from his reign then Id like it to be in the form of recycling the players.

The positives are on the flanks with Gray/Gordon and now Mykolenko/Patterson.

No matter who scouted these players, I imagine Benitez signed them off as both stated that they had talked positively with him.

Aside from the 5 out of contract in the summer, there are 11 further players that need to be moved out of the club.

While the goalposts may change, If he's able to get rid off 5 or 6 of those players this window then that can only be a positive.

As for the results, if they dont improve then he'll be sacked. However, if he shows some nous on the recruitment side then there may be a DOF role for him.
This shows where the real problem is. A squad that has far too many poor players with some toxic attitudes. Players that have been absolutely terrible for Everton (and that’s just on the field). The results and this season are the culmination of 5 years of hard work by Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright, every previous manager. It’s an appalling legacy yet Rafael is getting a ferocious amount of flak for it. And if he manages to kick this lot into touch and improve the team then he’ll have been a great appointment.

I wonder what you’d all be saying in the early 80s with HK in charge. The 0-5 against Liverpool. Struggling against Coventry.

He’s had 1/2 a season. A lot of comments on the board are descending into straight bile (this one is constructive and thoughtful)

Status
Not open for further replies.