Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of the problem with 5 at the back is 4 of them are no use and I am sure one more in midfield that can play is a better option. Not exactly rocket science and cant understand why our manager is not seeing it
The trouble playing 5 at the back and also playing 3 in the middle means you have to play 2 up front which would obv be DCL and Richy making Gordon, Gray and Townsend dedundant...

Me too, I mentioned him loads whilst still at Reading, he can have tendency to drift in/out of games at times but there is some serious ability there no question.
At his age it's no criticism to say he's not the complete package yet, and I agree with your assessment. Palace appear to be using him sensibly, perhaps the low-ish fee gives them more freedom to do that though.

The trouble playing 5 at the back and also playing 3 in the middle means you have to play 2 up front which would obv be DCL and Richy making Gordon, Gray and Townsend dedundant...
Could we go old school Moyes and play 451 - get the five in midfield instead of in defence. Make us a bit more competitive/compact in there, protect the back four better - suppose it does mean one of DCL or Richie in that lone front man role. Conceding the midfield every week is putting far too much pressure on the defence, particularly when there’s no effective protection in front of them. Would love us to sign a mobile/combative midfielder, they’re all far too one paced.

Digne will end up at Newcastle, you wait and see...
I don’t care where he goes. While people are saying we will be stuck with him, now Chelsea seem to have pulled out You can also say, maybe clubs like villa, west ham and Newcastle if all interested maybe will see this as there only chance to get him.

I don’t care where he goes. While people are saying we will be stuck with him, now Chelsea seem to have pulled out You can also say, maybe clubs like villa, west ham and Newcastle if all interested maybe will see this as there only chance to get him.
If he goes to Chelsea he would be second choice behind chilwell once he is fit . Loan with must buy clause to Italy is where I think it will end . Can’t see villa or West Ham paying the fee or his salary. Interesting article in Manchester evening news calling him “bargain of the window “ saying united should buy. Need him gone and soon as if it drags out to the end of the window it could end badly for us

Status
Not open for further replies.