Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble playing 5 at the back and also playing 3 in the middle means you have to play 2 up front which would obv be DCL and Richy making Gordon, Gray and Townsend dedundant...

The personnel we have just doesn’t suit 5 at the back and then, as you say, especially if it clips the wingers too.

I’d personally go with the following for the rest of the season where possible:

4-3-3

GK: Pickford
RB: Patterson
LB: Mykolenko
CB: Godfrey
CB: Branthwaite
DM: Allan
CM: Doucoure
CM: Gomes
LM: Richarlison
RM: Gray
ST: Calvert-Lewin

Then have Townsend & Gordon coming on in games to give Richarlison & Gray a breather.

Ideally, we’d sign a centre back & a centre mid in the window too so that we wouldn’t have to rely on Branthwaite & Gomes every game.

The personnel we have just doesn’t suit 5 at the back and then, as you say, especially if it clips the wingers too.

4-3-3

Then have Townsend & Gordon coming on in games to give Richarlison & Gray a breather.

Ideally, we’d sign a centre back & a centre mid in the window too so that we wouldn’t have to rely on Branthwaite & Gomes every game.
I`m in full agreement, when we get on top in games or we are chasing we can push Doucs in to a 10 role or change 1 of the midfielders for Gordon or Townsend with someone like Richy going in to the 10. Just gives you so many options.

4-3-3

I agree but Godfrey and Braithwaite is too inexperienced a pairing for centre half.

The trouble playing 5 at the back and also playing 3 in the middle means you have to play 2 up front which would obv be DCL and Richy making Gordon, Gray and Townsend dedundant...
We don’t have the personnel to play 5 at the back. At the moment we don’t even have one decent centre half with Mina injured, yet benetiz tries to pick 3 including the likes of Coleman out of position.

Yes that's his problem, gets annoyed when anyone suggests he anymore than more Championship player, should swallow his pride, no shame in being a player in any league
I agree. Maddison, Grealish, Ben White on loan at Leeds have all played in the championship and now aren’t just premier league players but top premier league players. We’ve tried everything. Bought ‘stars’ who’ve failed at foriegn clubs, bought ‘stars’ from lesser teams in the premier league. We paid over the odds for both. I’d much prefer we looked at the championship with younger ambitious players there. I like the recruitment at Palace. They have targeted talent in the championship and although their results have been mixed they are very pleasing on the eye to watch and will only get better with experience, unlike us.

If villa sign digne and bissouma. That's another team who will be levels above us.
I will be surprised Bissouma going to them. I think he’s good but not worth the 50mil that’s been rumoured. I can see a few top clubs after him in the summer. Chelsea have ageing midfielders, Utd weak in that area. Liverpool as well. I’m sure Brighton will wait and hope for an auction

Status
Not open for further replies.