2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, this is a player we need to get rid of. It's been a long time since Allan peaked, and he's fallen like a rock. Possibly he can do an ok job in Serie A, but I doubt it. Do not get me wrong, I like Allan. He was fantastic in his role under Sarri, but the qualities he had as a slave for Jorginho are long gone.

I'm not against selling him at all but we would need a very good replacement. And that's certainly not Longstaff.
For me, the question becomes, can we get a player who costs far less to do the same job, or preferably better, than Allan? Alternatively, can we get a player who costs about the same and who can do a significantly better job than Allan? For me, the answer is yes to both questions.

For me, the question becomes, can we get a player who costs far less to do the same job, or preferably better, than Allan? Alternatively, can we get a player who costs about the same and who can do a significantly better job than Allan? For me, the answer is yes to both questions.

I don't know if it's a yes. I don't see Allan being worth over £10m at this stage of his career. You rarely get quality for £10m these days.

On wages, yes I'd say we can get a cheaper option, but it's not easy in January. If we loan him then we are clearly just winging it

First decent post since the since the tweet post. Along with Doucoure, our best midfielder by a country mile.

What scares the be jaysus out of me is so were Jamo and Digne.

1641910628739.png

1641910643559.png

People forgetting how good he was when he first arrived, especially playing in a 3 with the duke and James, plus then he had the injury problems.

Even though his forms dipped (not the only one by any stretch) he's still one our best midfielders.

Madness to consider unlessletting him go, unless we are getting a player with real quality, pace and personality in.

Who's the replacement - longstaff.....
I was really impressed with him in his first couple of games but after that I think he was found out and even targeted to an extent because he's so easy to drag out of position. He's a good player and every now and again he plays really well but he hasn't been a good signing for us in my opinion he hasn't really made the midfield any better than it was overall and I would have thought that was really easy.

People forgetting how good he was when he first arrived, especially playing in a 3 with the duke and James, plus then he had the injury problems.

Even though his forms dipped (not the only one by any stretch) he's still one our best midfielders.

Madness to consider unlessletting him go, unless we are getting a player with real quality, pace and personality in.

Who's the replacement - longstaff.....
James never played in a 3, he played wide right. Gomes Doucoure Allan was midfield in those games, like at Spurs.

To be honest he had a few good games and that was it. I've not been impressed by Allan for a long time.

James never played in a 3. Gomes Doucoure Allan was midfield in those games, like at Spurs.

To be honest he had a few good games and that was it. I've not been impressed by Allan for a long time.
And in those games we were conceding 2 goals a game so the midfield probably wasn't dominating as much as it is in peoples memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.