2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is what you had:

Signed for 18 million (correct)

Amortisation of initial 5 year deal is 3.6 million a year. (Correct)

Hes three years into that so his book price is 7.2 million, obvs you don include .5 years in annual accounts. (
Incorrect)

You would class it as (around) 2.5 years on the first contract. When the payment changes then that change would be shown under both wages (normal accounts and FFP + P/S)+ payments (FFP + P/S but not in normal accounts)

So it then becomes £9mil from the 2.5 years remaining on the 5 year deal. We certainly would need to amend the books once those changes in contract came into play.

After the £9mil value hes then extended to 3.5 years and leaving with 2.5 years left = £6.4mil

Its actually going to be lower as it was closer to 3 years than 2.5 at the time of the extension--when the payments would have been greater in terms of amortization.

The wages havent been included but at £120k a week for a player 29 in a few months isnt good business.

Would we pay £25mil for a 29 year old left back in summer on £120k a week? I hope not.

Thaks mate! ;)

But the amended ammortisation rate drops from 3.6 million a year to 1.2 mil a year based on the cost of his book price being spread over the increased length of his new contract. This reduced our annual amortization liability on him when he signed his new deal last year. I.e he cost more in amortisation in his first 2.5 years, then cheaper after he signed his new contract - therefore his book value was reducing more slowly than under his first deal. This still brings me to my figures.

Last edited:

No. It reflects that Brands was barking mad at spending Everton's cash.

I think you stick Brands with too much criticism over transfer dealings when you hardly know the full details and do not accord any credit for the deadwood that was unloaded.

Please give your hate/dislike over Brands a rest.

I think you stick Brands with too much criticism over transfer dealings when you hardly know the full details and do not accord any credit for the deadwood that was unloaded.

You're right. I completely forgive the man who made us fall foul of PFF rules and threw £250M of the club's cash into a furnace.

No hard feelings Marcel.

So all of a sudden Brands is a good guy? really? have you actually analyzed the work he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.