2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you put such a good left back on the wing though?

You'd have to ask master tactician Ancelotti that question.

He clearly saw something in how good the system with Godfrey playing left back while Digne was out injured was so wanted to keep that defensive stability and wanted some attacking threat with Digne and his crossing ability. Sigurdsson and James were up front one game and Sigurdsson and Richy the other I think.

Clearly better than what Benitez is doing.

You'd have to ask master tactician Ancelotti that question.

He clearly saw something in how good the system with Godfrey playing left back while Digne was out injured was so wanted to keep that defensive stability and wanted some attacking threat with Digne and his crossing ability. Sigurdsson and James were up front one game and Sigurdsson and Richy the other I think.

Clearly better than what Benitez is doing.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Always a sad day when a player leaves the club.

That being said, he has fallen off a bit as of late - and he doesn't seem to want to do what our manager is asking him to do.

Have to question his mentality.
His form has collapsed in the past 18 months or so. He also gave away needless and dangerous frees close to the box. I wish him well but I think it is probably for the best for EFC and him.

Always a sad day when a player leaves the club.

That being said, he has fallen off a bit as of late - and he doesn't seem to want to do what our manager is asking him to do.

Have to question his mentality.
I don’t think you do have to question his mentality. The club is no longer the best fit for him and vice versa. We got a good fee for him after a couple of really good years from him.

As a great man once said, many times:

“But ok, that’s football”

Kind of confirms what we all know but cannot identify … we know something is rotten at the club but don’t know what or who

weird isn't it. i don't know how much footballers should really notice the owners etc, but obviously they are. it must be more than the football manager

If anyone is really upset about digne going. Just watch the aston villa 3 nil win highlights against us and it should make you feel a bit better. Was at fault for the first 2 goals and possibly the 3rd.

As said before if he doesn't provide the quality he did going forward a few seasons ago then defensively he really isn't great and he becomes a bit of a weak link.

I mean if you wanna get into the semantics of social media tripe.

Not one current EFC player has reacted to the notification from EFC of the sale. Despite them all being regular on it.

So he’s (un)subtly slagging off his ex kopite manager and inadvertently praising his new kopite manager.

Can someone tell me how this should make me feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.