Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Chelsea he did a really good job at putting players into a system where everyone knew what they were doing at all times and really helped develop their youth prospects - I think he’d be fantastic for someone like Gordon and a few of the young fringe lads.

Where Lampard failed at Chelsea was when he was suddenly bought a load of expensive players and told to shoe-horn them into what he had with no grace-period and he wasn’t able to do that. I think we have a decent squad of players and it doesn’t feel like we’re about to spend a huge wedge any time soon so he seems a decent choice. Also, for someone who scored so many goals against us he’s actually quite likeable unlike a lot of managers around.

Now I don’t actually want Lampard as a first choice, I’d like someone more like Potter but of all the names flying around good and bad, Lampard would be in the positive half for me,
The problem with Lampard was how Tuchel came in an basically turned the light on an flew in to the top 4 and won the CL. Made Lampard look like an idiot, I do agree with him getting the players thrown at him

I think Potter is the obvious candidate. Rooney is doing a better job that people thought he would, but it's too much of a risk right now.

I wonder if they'll go for Dyche. Some parallels with Moyes before we signed him, plus experienced in the league and with relegation battles. Reportedly not too happy about the sale of Wood also.

As a derby fan lampard plays great football to watch and brings the lads through who are good enough,Rooney on the other hand has been dealt a bum hand and had to bring young lads in,don’t get me wrong we love him for what he’s done but the players are fighting for him and a transfer themselves. He’s got no pressure here at all. I can see it turning sour very quickly if he ends up at Everton but he will still be a hero here if he decided to go.

You reckon? I’m not so sure. With the run he’s on with Derby I think there’sadecent chance he’ll want to try to see it through
He, like all managers will want to manage in the PL. there no loyalty in football, Yes he doing well at Derby but at the end of the day he’s an Everton fan and Everton will pay him more and we are 1% less bonkers then Derby

At Chelsea he did a really good job at putting players into a system where everyone knew what they were doing at all times and really helped develop their youth prospects - I think he’d be fantastic for someone like Gordon and a few of the young fringe lads.

Where Lampard failed at Chelsea was when he was suddenly bought a load of expensive players and told to shoe-horn them into what he had with no grace-period and he wasn’t able to do that. I think we have a decent squad of players and it doesn’t feel like we’re about to spend a huge wedge any time soon so he seems a decent choice. Also, for someone who scored so many goals against us he’s actually quite likeable unlike a lot of managers around.

Now I don’t actually want Lampard as a first choice, I’d like someone more like Potter but of all the names flying around good and bad, Lampard would be in the positive half for me,
Good response, I like the idea of whoever takes over both favouring youth and having a clear, defined playing style.

I’ve always liked Lampard as a man, he speaks well and comes across as genuine. Potter would’ve been my man last year too, it’s possible he becomes available again in the summer I suppose, so Big Dunc interim could be the play.

If he’s as you described, I’d definitely be more inclined to give Lampard a go than say, Nuno or Fonseca, or indeed Martinez again who can’t set up a defence to save his life.

The problem with Lampard was how Tuchel came in an basically turned the light on an flew in to the top 4 and won the CL. Made Lampard look like an idiot, I do agree with him getting the players thrown at him
Yeah I do agree, I think if Tuchel hadn’t absolutely smashed it like he did from day one Lampard would easily be in a new job already but he was shown up big time there - though by one of the elite managers which we have no chance at getting near

I think with more experience though Lampard is smart enough to be elite one day but as I said, he’s not my first choice or anything, he’s just one of the better choices imo

Status
Not open for further replies.