Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Wayne Rooney is actually doing a great job at Derby, without the points deduction they'd be 10th on 35 points some way off Marco Silva's Fulham top on 51 points and would we have Silva back.
With no money to spend and a 39 year old jagielka at the middle of his defence … he’s working miracles to be fair (and he’s lost jags yesterday as the club can’t afford to keep him)

Anyone who mentions Martinez, cannot of watched Everton for the last two years of his tenure, my god it was awful! All the same rubbish that is happening now, poor a set pieces, poor defence, individual errors, no shape, Lukaku stopped us from being in relegation trouble for the last two years. No way should he be near us again.
Have to agree. A fantastic first season and then it was the beginning of this complete mad football we are playing now. This sideways ...non intense... stand off ...complete crap that will never work for everton and the failure of the owner to bring in someone rather than those defensive managers he obiviously loves is the main reason we are in this chite heap.

Realistically we’ll be getting a manager that’s either free or really cheap to obtain. That leaves who? Lampard, Nuno, Kovac, Favre, Rooney, Ferguson and Fonseca. Might as well try and work out who it’ll be.

We can almost certainly rule out Favre due to his age, and Fonseca because he’s interviewed and not got it before. Bill will probably push for Rooney or Ferguson, or even Martinez if available. Kovac and Lampard are interesting options. Nuno would almost certainly take us down, and hopefully his Mendes connection rules him out like it seemed to last time. Instinct says Rooney won’t be going anywhere this year, it’s likely too soon for him and it’ll look poor leaving Derby in a mess.

That leaves Big Dunc as interim, unless they want to gamble on Kovac or Lampard. Both strike me as project type managers which is far more my bag. I suspect they’ll just give it the big man.
Darby gave 3 weeks to sort their financials situation or they be removed from the league

Easy then, buy Gallagher and loan the other two.
What would Gallagher cost? At least £50m not to mention he would have to want to join (expect him to try to break into the first team at Chelsea).

We can only loan one from them, and Hudson-Odoi is on huge wages compared to our squad. Gilmour is struggling badly at Norwich.

Realistically we have no chance of getting the top talents from other clubs in the league. Need to look abroad or in the EFL for players who want to prove themselves at a higher level. Signings like Patterson and Mykolenko are somewhat encouraging from this perspective.

With no money to spend and a 39 year old jagielka at the middle of his defence … he’s working miracles to be fair (and he’s lost jags yesterday as the club can’t afford to keep him)

And curtis davies. They played the other week. The centre half pairing wasnt far off 80 years of age.
Mad to say he isnt at least doing a decent job.

Exactly what I’ve been getting at, but people still want managers like Kovac I don’t want us to go that way at this moment in time, we’ve done the experienced manager and it doesn’t work. Let’s go the route when we got moyes and give that a go.
Tried that with Martinez and Silva

We need a manager that doesn't just concede possession of a football and sit back whilst they pass it about. We want a team who get in the faces of opposition and actual know they are in a game. We need to make Goodison a fortress again. Teams see 3 points when they come to Goodison nowadays. We need to be intense with quick purposeful attacking football.

Can't believe we are changing manager again tbh. Joke of a club with no idea what it's doing. Back to square 1... no good managers out there so I expect rinse and repeat next season too

Status
Not open for further replies.