Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A plan:
1. Appoint Ramon Planes, former director of football at Barcelona, as our DOF.
2. Appoint Marcelo Gallardo as manager - River Plate's most successful manager - "He is the most successful coach at the international level in club history to date, with seven international titles: two Copa Libertadores (2015 and 2018), the 2014 Copa Sudamericana, three Recopa Sudamericanas (2015, 2016, and 2019), and the 2015 Suruga Bank Championship. "
3. Let Planes appoint a coach from Barcelona youth academy to replace Unsworth so that we bring through youngsters with the qualities required at the top level of football.
4. Use Gallardo's knowledge of South American football to buy the best South Americans there are available. A lot cheaper than English players and much lower salaries.
5. Use Planes's knowledge of Spanish football to buy the best young Spanish footballers available, hopefully some from Barcelona who can't break into the first team - they are most definitely coached to have the qualities required at the top level.

Far too sensible....!

The club needs a proper shake up. I love what we do off the pitch with EiTC etc. But Denise and Bill need to focus on the football side. With them still there things will never change.

Rafael needed to go, I backed him as I support Everton. The problems of the past were not his making but his selections etc led to him having to go. A new manager may get a tune, but we need a proper shake up. No more jobs for the boys

The wife just text me that Ally McMoist© is also on Moshiti's radar

I don't know where we are as a club if this is even remotely true.

Id love him but im not going to hold my breath doubt moshiri has heard of him

Yeah, I doubt he has too.

Regarding Kovac, who would give him the low down on our squad? I ask because we're pretty time restrained due to the position we're in. Would the international break be enough time for him to assess the squad accordingly or would he need a whole summer?

Yeah, I doubt he has too.

Regarding Kovac, who would give him the low down on our squad? I ask because we're pretty time restrained due to the position we're in. Would the international break be enough time for him to assess the squad accordingly or would he need a whole summer?
It's almost like maybe they should have kept some kind of, oh, I don't know, continuity? Like a person who's job it is to be the bridge between managers in a really short term managerial world? Like some kind of football...director? Can't think of the wording...

A plan:
1. Appoint Ramon Planes, former director of football at Barcelona, as our DOF.
2. Appoint Marcelo Gallardo as manager - River Plate's most successful manager - "He is the most successful coach at the international level in club history to date, with seven international titles: two Copa Libertadores (2015 and 2018), the 2014 Copa Sudamericana, three Recopa Sudamericanas (2015, 2016, and 2019), and the 2015 Suruga Bank Championship. "
3. Let Planes appoint a coach from Barcelona youth academy to replace Unsworth so that we bring through youngsters with the qualities required at the top level of football.
4. Use Gallardo's knowledge of South American football to buy the best South Americans there are available. A lot cheaper than English players and much lower salaries.
5. Use Planes's knowledge of Spanish football to buy the best young Spanish footballers available, hopefully some from Barcelona who can't break into the first team - they are most definitely coached to have the qualities required at the top level.

Work permit delight there

Status
Not open for further replies.