Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you can summarize?
Nothing dramatically new, it was more the impact of reading it all at the same time.
  • Sources likening the situation at the club to Game of Thrones with numerous factions vying for power
  • Staff throughout the club hacked off because Benitez was constantly at them, thinks he's the world's expert at everything
  • Froze out the existing recruitment staff to the point where they quit
  • Players baffled at the decision to sell Digne then sack Benitez the following week
  • He's ripped apart the structure of the club - "The club is now shaped in Benitez's image, without Benitez"
  • Martinez the favourite, Rooney, Favre and Ferguson also on the list

Heaven forbid it is Martinez. In his last two he was an utter failure and nearly took us down. Add to that the money wasted some crap Wigan players.

I dislike the idea of him being the manager but I will keep quiet.

Heaven forbid it is Martinez. In his last two he was an utter failure and nearly took us down. Add to that the money wasted some crap Wigan players.

I dislike the idea of him being the manager but I will keep quiet.
I absolutely don't want Martinez, especially in the situation we're in now, but didn't we finish 11th both his last 2 seasons? Not really "nearly going down"

The article on The Athletic today is… horrifying. Not really anything we didn’t know, but seeing it laid out like that makes for horrible reading
We’re in an incredibly vulnerable position right now, and if we dont get it right we will be relegated. Martinez would be completely the wrong appointment and likely take us down. It would be what the owners, but not what the fans, deserve for their ineptitude and stupidity.

My concern is no one seems to have looked up and realised we are in a relegation fight. Look at Norwich on Saturday - they know and battered everything that moved in the game.

For a relegation battle, you needs passion, want, commitment and you need fight and you need to batter people, make it uncomfortable - you need dogs of war. What we will get with Martinez is hush puppies and the slow, sideways pocession build up - its his philosophy.

Whatever about starting from scratch in the summer i think hes the wrong fit at this time, with the job of work of ahead of us.

The fact no one at the club seems to realsie we need 21 point between now and May is a worry.

No it isn’t.
As pointed out previously, he turned down Spurs in the summer.
He’s not just going to jump when somebody flashes him a bit of leg, especially unstable clubs like us and Spurs with gung-ho owners.

He’ll jump ship when a bigger club comes. Not convinced it’s true he turned down Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.