Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reality.

Everton will just buy him out of the contract if he wants the job. He wont be on a fortune there.

I dont know if both parties want it, but if they do, it will happen.
I get the feeling this wont go away.

You dont upset the applecart that much and just leave it alone. And it's almost a year off the world cup and the Belgians would have ample time to replace RM.

Martinez must have a return in mind...and Everton may have been 'preferring' a short term appointment, but they have declared their interest in RM and it's obvious they really want a permanant manager.

Benitez still had two and a half years of his contract remaining at £7m pa so we will owe him about £17.5m plus the payout to his staff.

I’m guessing there is no more transfer budget now.
Does FFP rules apply to all the wages the club pays or i it only the player’s wages?

got a soft spot for Martinez, one of the very few managers i've actually liked at the club in recent years, that being said don't think he's the type of manager we need atm, could end horribly.

i like Lampard, done a good job at derby and chelsea but again this job will be nothing like he has done before.

galtier is the one, never in a million years come to us now though mid way through his first season

I think he's being completely genuine. He probably feels Brighton is about the best place for him.

And yet if you put 7m a year in front of him while he's on a contract worth about that over the life of it there will be a decision to make.

I think there is a bit of a misconception in football where players and managers care about the prestige of the club and generally it is just about the money that the "big" clubs pay. You pay close to the same and suddenly they're listening. Carlo is a good example here.
I think thats probably true. Although if Moshiri really wanted to act sensibly he would poach Ashworth with Potter and anyone else who wanted to make the journey to Merseyside from Brighton. Build want you want but with a larger profile and resources at your disposal. I think similar logic although to a lesser degree could be made in any approach to Thomas Frank yet with Phil Giles from Brentford.

Sadly it seems the direction is to entrust solely to a manager the direction of the club. Without very little exceptions I think thats doomed to fail. The club needs a DoF.

Here comes Nuno moving up on the inside

Ha just images all those weasels in the cosy club thought they’d thwarted change again only for Moshiri to press the nuclear button and shot put them all

Hopefully being knocked back and widely mocked for going after a manager they had almost no chance of getting will give the board a little perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.