• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 152459

This is the stat I meant yesterday regarding Rooney.

Yes, I’m impressed, but it’s completely unparalleled scenario, as there’s no pressure.

Derby finished last season with 1 win 15, and just about stayed up. He’s doing a great job but he’s totally inexperienced and just about survived his last relegation scrap.

I’d consider him, but not just yet. That’s not to say he’s not done amazing this year.
Didn’t he take over mid season? And on a player manager role at the time?

The fact this season he’s managed to build a squad of mainly youth after only having 8 first team players signed on. We’ve tried every kind of manager these last 5 years. Who knows if it’s too soon. I’d like to see what he could do. I’m totally unsure who my first choice is, but I’m not against this appointment and would be happy if it happened.

The fact this season he’s managed to build a squad of mainly youth after only having 8 first team players signed on. We’ve tried every kind of manager these last 5 years. Who knows if it’s too soon. I’d like to see what he could do. I’m totally unsure who my first choice is, but I’m not against this appointment and would be happy if it happened.

Didn’t stop him winning 7 of his first 8 games, and having a January where he could have made additions.

When he was appointed caretaker manager, he didn’t select himself and officially retired when announced full time on 15th of Jan.

7 months is ample time to make your mark.

I’m not knocking the job he did this year, but it’s completely different, there’s zero pressure. The Everton job not only has pressure, it has pressure of him being a blue, in a relegation scrap and a board who are not agreeing on anything. For any manager, let alone one with just over 12 months experience, it’s a hard one.

Unfortunately for us, we don’t have the luxury of “hoping” it goes well.

If I’m 2-3 years hes still going great, then yeah, but now irs not worth the risk.

I think hes done a fantastic job. Miles better than many(me) thought. Hes been quietly impressive.

Would be an utter disgrace if Everton, in the perilous position we're in, appointed Rooney as manager. He'd very easily get us relegated, and we could just as easily become the next Sunderland.

Would be an utter disgrace if Everton, in the perilous position we're in, appointed Rooney as manager. He'd very easily get us relegated, and we could just as easily become the next Sunderland.
I think it’s to soon, however, I don’t think he would be a disgrace. Look at our last 4 managers.

As I said many times before, we could appoint Pep and people would moan

Yes for me. Any of the three mentioned would be fine to me.

I think it’s to soon, however, I don’t think he would be a disgrace. Look at our last 4 managers.
Derby fan here, he won’t last a season if he goes, I don’t blame him if he does and know if he is offered it he will be there. What has happened at derby has brought the players fighting for this club for a change and prepared to put themselves on the line for us which is the biggest help to any manager, last season before all this game out Rooney record was abysmal and one of the worst win rates of any recent managers and it looked like his time was up. Definitely the wrong man for the job atm.

Would we think of employing him if he wasn't an Ex player?
Too much pressure for him to cope with IMO.
It just shows how far we've fallen if the Brighton manager wont contemplate coming here.

….I think we all should realise Moshiri reads these threads and monitors these polls with avid interest. The opinion and voice of fans is of vital interest to him, as was so apparent with the Benitez appointment.
He took the bedsheets and death threats on board last time… maybe this time we should put bedsheets up saying

We do nt want a young hungry manager like Potter or Rooney, we want another Dinosaur

Might work

Status
Not open for further replies.