Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this goes on I fear Moshiri will have someone in his ear and we’ll end up with another crazy appointment.

Think it’s possibly too soon for Rooney but wonder if the board might be worried if he does well at Derby this season then he could go to Utd.

Don’t see an obvious “no brainer” at the minute. They’re going to have to take a risk on someone, just hope we don’t end up with Nuno or Jose.

Nuts. All of it.

Let Dunc have a go. Give him the nod and support.

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Rooney….FFS I’ll just never understand it. I really just don’t get it. He started here yes, but gave his prime to United. He’s talked about as a folk hero.

Martinez….. again

Jose….another ego.

I’m not saying I know what to the answer is at all.

It just seems like we just want to run into a wall, get up and do it again, again and again.

Best move the club could have done not rush making a choice. Look into managers and start looking into dof ect to build a structure. Cant say this loud enough WALK AWAY FROM MARTINEZ NOT WANTED HERE. Then get kenwright out of the club is all about him in the papers yeaterday he was talking to the players with ferguson. Need big changes at this club hope this whole mess has shown just get the best people in that we can.

How could we be any worse, was that not the point of my reply, worse in 2 previous seasons, also what if under Benitez every match was won, what then ?
Yes I did get your point. We have in two previous seasons gained less points that what we have now. So those seasons were worse. I get that.
I did stare that everything is all conjecture anyhow. You say what if we had won all our remaining matches ( highly unlikely) but you never know. I say that we would have kept on losing. Or mainly losing.
Not really arguing the toss because Moyes and Walker started seasons with two points less that Benetiz managef. Doesn't make Benetiz a great manager for us. And those two seasons that you are on about. We still stayed up. Still think that Benetiz was rubbish. Not a good for for Everton.
And he would have taken us down. IMO.
TBH. I'm not that bothered about the rubbish that other managers served up. That's gone. Benetiz to me will always be one of the worse. The worse of a very bad bunch.
Ps......every match under Benetiz was not won. And every match under him if he was still in charge would not have been won. He was useless.
Walker was useless. Smith also. Wouldn't put Moyes in that category. And yes I know that he had a terrible start to one season. And Beneti z was also bloody useless. Bye bye.

Wow. there's like 20 odd threads on our new manager search. Here's a thought mods.....as its an annual Everton occurrence, maybe there should be a "topic" on the Forum Home Page........."Evertons Annual Managerial Search" - where all these ridiculous threads could go. It would clear up the "Everton Forum" nicely!

Gobsmacked at some of the comments on here about Potter. Agree. If you cant see it. his team hold their own against every team. That includes city and liverpool. All comes from his coaching. Actualy exchanging messages on here today with someone telling me they would rather have chris wilder. Like i say. Gobsmacked.
Clubs blown it with Potter i think. We've got absolute morons sitting in the boardroom. And after the whole benitez castastrophe a good coach like potter must look at this basket case of a club and just think..i can do better.
Been saying it for i dont know how long now. Should have got him. And let him build here.
Blew it.

Thing is mate, it's all about the set-up around the manager for me, potter is a great coach of the players he's been bought - and that's down to an understanding between DoF and coach and a team having a clearly defined structure.

DoF understands what potter needs and gets the best he can to fit that, Potter understands the clubs model and coaches to fit that.

It's why we've massively failed - we hire a scout as a DoF then when we do hire a genuinely proven DoF we do so after hiring a manager he has no input on, then go over his head when we hire the next one and hire someone he objected too.

So we end up with a DoF working with a manager he didn't want, a tug of war over signings between a DoF and manager with a clueless owners occasional additions to that, then we wonder why there looks like zero plan in place at the club.

The only way we get out this mess is by hiring a football person as the Chairman/CEO (a David Dein type), he then chooses a DoF, and the DoF chooses the manager, all with zero future interference from the Board and Owner.

Potter came here in the current setup he will fail almost for certain.

Any manager will tbh.

Thing is mate, it's all about the set-up around the manager for me, potter is a great coach of the players he's been bought - and that's down to an understanding between DoF and coach and a team having a clearly defined structure.

DoF understands what potter needs and gets the best he can to fit that, Potter understands the clubs model and coaches to fit that.

It's why we've massively failed - we hire a scout as a DoF then when we do hire a genuinely proven DoF we do so after hiring a manager he has no input on, then go over his head when we hire the next one and hire someone he objected too.

So we end up with a DoF working with a manager he didn't want, a tug of war over signings between a DoF and manager with a clueless owners occasional additions to that, then we wonder why there looks like zero plan in place at the club.

The only way we get out this mess is by hiring a football person as the Chairman/CEO (a David Dein type), he then chooses a DoF, and the DoF chooses the manager, all with zero future interference from the Board and Owner.

Potter came here in the current setup he will fail almost for certain.

Any manager will tbh.

Of course the structure has to be there. The recruitment has to be there. Thats why i said about building something here. Potter never walked into a brighton team purring like an F1 car as some suggest. Chris hughton hardly had them crossing the halfway line. Potter changed the whole mentality of how those players approached games. His coaching style has been the same since his spell in Sweden.
Nobody is waving a magic wand here. Its about starting something with a head coach who changes the whole infrastructure. Everton needed to start somewhere and that was last summer when they should have sold that idea to Potter to come build that here.
But Everton have short sighted idiots running the place who think they have to look good by going for names like benitez or mourhino. Dinosaurs of the game who build nothing.
Potter was perfect for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.