Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a winner?

I mean obviously he has won loads but how much more could he have done if he looked after himself a bit better? He should still be playing to a high standard now!
He had his 15 year career like many other players. Think you find quite a few don't play into their 30's when starting so early.

20 year careers for a forward player would take Ronaldo levels of commitment which not many players have.

Big Sam unpopular as it is to most people, I would have e kept a bit longer.
Think he was capable of steading the club, sooner have him than Rafael .
His football wasn't exciting but he was doing the job he had to do.
The football may have got better if he had the chance to get his own players in, but the problem was the fans would not give him there backing so it was a none starter.
Any manager is a risk right now , I honestly don't have clue who I want don't want Martinez I definitely don't want and a bit unsure we should be looking at Rooney and the media circus that will come with him and his missus.
How long before there are pictures of him in town off his head with some coked up tart.
Recency bias here.

If he had much more time to continue bringing his own players then Everton new co would already have been formed. He spunked some load of cash on the likes of tosun and Walcott

I wrote it in the Duncan caretaker thread. But basically, I think the manager/ Trainer role is for us at the moment, overrated.

We need stability, continuity, a unified and passionate approach. If, we're in a relegation fight, which I don't believe we are. Then, Duncan is the type you want at the helm. Regardless, he can use this which suits his style and build on it. Hopefully, he's also learned from last time to use his motivation more sparingly to keep levels high over more than 4 games.
I think the training video, shows how much he wants it.
Writing off half a season.... I don't see it. In fact, the opposite. We'll be in a more informed place. And, still in the top League where we belong.
After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.

After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.

You made every excuse under the sun for Benitez this season due to the injury crisis, well Ferguson had to contend with an injury crisis during those 4 games and had to play Mason Holgate and Tom Davies as a pair in midfield. One of those two draws was at Old Trafford against the most expensively assembled team in the country and the other was Arsenal off the back of playing 120 minutes in the cup 3 days earlier with an already depleted squad.

From this point it’s Ferguson’s if he can prove he’s good enough.
If he can begin to accumulate the points to guide us away from the drop zone then I see no reason to look anywhere else.
I certainly don’t want Moshiri to recruit anymore ‘Hollywood’ managers , totally unsuited to improving a mid table club.
Good luck Big Man , smash it and prove the doubters wrong.

Big Sam unpopular as it is to most people, I would have e kept a bit longer.
Think he was capable of steading the club, sooner have him than Rafael .
His football wasn't exciting but he was doing the job he had to do.
The football may have got better if he had the chance to get his own players in, but the problem was the fans would not give him there backing so it was a none starter.
Any manager is a risk right now , I honestly don't have clue who I want don't want Martinez I definitely don't want and a bit unsure we should be looking at Rooney and the media circus that will come with him and his missus.
How long before there are pictures of him in town off his head with some coked up tart.
Fat boy took Everton from 13th to 9 with 1 win then played boring awful football to a half empty Goodison and then with 2 games to go jumped over Leicester who self imploded and got 8th.. he did a terrible job FACT

Reactions: kev

I think the whole Fergy as manager comes from your age.. I remember us winning the European cup(just about) and the fa cup and always thought Dunc was a bang average striker who spent as much time banned as he did playing, but I get why to some he a cult hero but to me he part of the Everton problem. He a coach that has worked under 5/6 failed managers in 5 years, as a coach he needs to take responsibility just like the rest do and the only reason he hasn’t been fired is because he Duncan Ferguson not because he the best coach ever
I admit I want Rooney but part of that is FOMO. Incase he does become the next big thing.

I think the whole Fergy as manager comes from your age.. I remember us winning the European cup(just about) and the fa cup and always thought Dunc was a bang average striker who spent as much time banned as he did playing, but I get why to some he a cult hero but to me he part of the Everton problem. He a coach that has worked under 5/6 failed managers in 5 years, as a coach he needs to take responsibility just like the rest do and the only reason he hasn’t been fired is because he Duncan Ferguson not because he the best coach ever
I admit I want Rooney but part of that is FOMO. Incase he does become the next big thing.
Fergsuon shoud be nowhere near this club. To read about him wanting to become the interim manager is 'kin incredible brass neck cheek given his record at this club.

Doesn't matter who we appoint - seeing the likes of Ancelotti and Silva doing well shows you that ultimately this group of players are the problem.

You'll chase the next fella oot just like you did with Benitez and still sit wondering why we'll have gone through 7 managers in 6 years.

I am not for a full time appointee while the boards under review and we have no DoF (preference would be Dunc till seasons end) but I dont understand at all why Jesse Marsch's name would not be thrown about in the rumor mill. Leipzig went badly sure, but 6 months ago this was one of the brightest and most sought after coaches in Europe, with an excellent development track record at Salzburg. The quickness of his dismissal is what I would think a rare opportunity to fetch someone who was one of the most engaging german style coaches (although american). And his energy on the touch line and brutal honesty (let alone no language barrier) I would think would fit us nicely.

The idea that he wouldn't be preferred over say a Lampard I find laughable.
Don’t know loads about him but always been impressed with what I’ve seen and heard

Status
Not open for further replies.