Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This dressing room needs wrecking

Maybe, but then preferably rebuilt again. And Mourinho wouldn't be able to do that in the 18 months tops he would stay.

There will naturally be a big turnover of players in the next 18 months anyway due to contracts. We don't need someone to go in like a bull in a china shop. We need someone to make them play like a unit with a clearer identity.

Maybe, but then preferably rebuilt again. And Mourinho wouldn't be able to do that in the 18 months tops he would stay.

There will naturally be a big turnover of players in the next 18 months anyway due to contracts. We don't need someone to go in like a bull in a china shop. We need someone to make them play like a unit with a clearer identity.
Yeah we need someone committed to a long term, gradual overhaul of the club. Mourinho is a potential lose/lose situation. Either he causes massive problems in the dressing room or he does a decent job and gets poached by a European giant next time a job comes up. The former is more likely IMO.

I think he’s give us the bounce needed this season to stay up. Then I think he’d have the clout to take a hatchet to this squad with Moshiri and the fans backing. The other candidates for me are so risky. Lampard and Rooney are completely unproven and Martinez is a proven failure. There’s a real chance those three wouldn’t get anything out of the squad this season.

Dont want Mourinho just cant see him working here. Key for me is getting somebody in who wants to build a team here. We do need to inprove in the short term but is no quick fixes. Not sure why but cant really get excited for lampard, then leaves rooney and kovac. I do think i could get behind rooney and ashworth being dof . But kovac has most experience and seems to make his teams work hard
Yep. Sick of this manager merry go round. If we can find someone who is going to (a) get decent results and (b) hang around for a while to stabilise the team/squad that would be marvellous, trick is finding one. Mourinho is just a big no as he is past his best, probably will not come here anyway and even if he did would not be here long given that he would be sacked or go elsewhere if a better offer came along

This dressing room needs wrecking
You are correct, but it needs doing in a constructive manner. Mourinho of old may have done that but the most recent version is like a Windows 98 reboot!

He would wreak havoc.

We cant afford his temperament after Benitez antics!

I voted for Potter but would also take Kovac

Potter has Brighton drilled, confident and exciting to watch(at times) they hold their own, it was hard to see that when they played us but I have gone and watched some games(highlights admittedly) but I did watch the whole Chelsea match and with a proper target man they would have beaten them, again admittedly Chelsea are not firing, for whatever reason, but it was actually good to watch.

Not sure Potter can be tempted though, understandably so at present.

Kovac is free, proven so would make sense but perhaps the Prem may not be right especially with us?

No -one can guess whats in Mosh head tho, so I am guessing we end up with names in a hat and whichever comes out WINS!

No one wants Mourinho you fool.
That's exactly what we need. Another hugely divisive manager, who plays negative football, who has struggled to adapt to the change in the premier league and falls out with players everywhere he goes.

Looked at who you were replying to, and it all made sense. He talks about ambition but wants to go from one past it, negative, divisive manager to another.

Name me a manager linked who'll do any better than Mourinho.

Dunc?
Rooney?
Martinez?

Come on man lol

You haven’t given me any reasons at all why Mourinho would do better than them. Because he won loads with the world’s biggest clubs decades ago is not a reason, we just had Carlo Ancelotti and finished 12th and 10th as you keep reminding people.

That's exactly what we need. Another hugely divisive manager, who plays negative football, who has struggled to adapt to the change in the premier league and falls out with players everywhere he goes.

Looked at who you were replying to, and it all made sense. He talks about ambition but wants to go from one past it, negative, divisive manager to another.

He talks about other fans lacking ambition and then tries to pass off top half and a cup final with Spurs as success. He just wants to be able to shout to his kopite mates that our manager has won loads of trophies, he doesn’t care about us actually putting a structure in place to start building a club.

He talks about other fans lacking ambition and then tries to pass off top half and a cup final with Spurs as success. He just wants to be able to shout to his kopite mates that our manager has won loads of trophies, he doesn’t care about us actually putting a structure in place to start building a club.
Spurs, who have a better squad and better set up achieved a mighty top 10 finish and a cup final under him. Bet their players and fans were thrilled with their losers medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.