Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about satire is that there has to be an element of truth in it for it to be funny. There is none here.

Far be it from me to defend this club, but what element of reality is included there? There's been no "updates" from the club on managerial options - that's been generated by the idiot profession Squires is part and parcel of.

He's lost the plot there.

‘Laugh at Everton’ is the go to mode for journalists because they know it brings in the clicks. Very tired old trick that many are resorting to now. There’s barely a journalist or pundit out there now who isn’t peddling the same weary old cliches about football now.

Strange because that seems to be all you’ve done since the appointment of Benitez really. You’ve just got really upset about a joke cartoon making fun of Moshiri.
How is backing a manager "defending Moshiri?

That just shows how twisted and bent out of shape youlve become over the last year over managerial appointments.

My opposition to Moshiri has been, and remains, implacable.

‘Laugh at Everton’ is the go to mode for journalists because they know it brings in the clicks. Very tired old trick that many are resorting to now. There’s barely a journalist or pundit out there now who isn’t peddling the same weary old cliches about football now.
They've been aided and abbetted in that by many of our own supporters, who've willingly offered the club up as a sacrificial lamb to hacks because they've been that rattled by the appointment of a manager who used tro manage Liverpool.

There's complicity between hacks and supporters to drag our club's name into the gutter. What a shambles.

Don't be so precious!

Squires is a cartoonist. That's like having a go at the tea lady at Finch Farm for us not being able to defend corners.
His cartoon makes no sense. Where is the sense in it?

Everton FC have offered no "updates" beyond announcing that the galloot gets a game or two in the hot seat. That's it.

How has he got satirical comment into that?

By all means have a dig at the managerial merry-go-round, but that's not what he's doing there. He's "satirising" the current search for a manager and it makes no sense.

gallardo... thats a helluva of a coach, sadly he is TOO good for everton and he knows it, he already declined argentina/colombia NTs , everton doesnt offer the tools (players) for him to deploy his football.
can't be that good if he needs a team handing on a plate too him, is he not capable of building?

His cartoon makes no sense. Where is the sense in it?

Everton FC have offered no "updates" beyond announcing that the galloot gets a game or two in the hot seat. That's it.

How has he got satirical comment into that?

By all means have a dig at the managerial merry-go-round, but that's not what he's doing there. He's "satirising" the current search for a manager and it makes no sense.
Jose Mourinho is not a moody goth teenager either. (he depicts him as that in case you are wondering what the hell I am on about).

It's an amusing cartoon, as I said stop being so precious.

Athletic saying Big Dunc would want Carsely in the mix too.

Would be huge. Coach on rise in the English game.
Would it be that huge for a Premier League club to hire an up and coming coach with an average tenure in role of 3 months?

Sounds a bit like more of the old boys network to me.

Straight question.....do you think we, the fans, will be patient enough to allow somebody to build?

Probably not. Your basic football fan now is more impatient than ever imo.
The work potter did in sweden and the way he instantly changed brightons style of play tell me he's a very innovative coach. But even on this forum you only have to say that and some people just want to shoot him down. Thats more the mentality of certain people in general in my opinion than Graham Potter.

Athletic saying Big Dunc would want Carsely in the mix too.

Would be huge. Coach on rise in the English game.
“ Coach on the rise in the English game” Lee Carsley is forty eight this year, he’d be joining a manager with very limited experience who is fifty, think that might be a step too far for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.