Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's age got to do with it?
Well the caretaker manager is fifty and has been content to sit in the coaches seat for quite a few managers without making any attempt to move away from the club and gain some experience as his own man in that position and really prove his worth, Lee Carsley has been a coach at various clubs and is now, or was, coach of the England U21’s team so he has gone from being an every day coach at football clubs to what seems to me as a part time coach for the England U 21’s not much of a cv for either of them at their ages.

Well the caretaker manager is fifty and has been content to sit in the coaches seat for quite a few managers without making any attempt to move away from the club and gain some experience as his own man in that position and really prove his worth, Lee Carsley has been a coach at various clubs and is now, or was, coach of the England U21’s team so he has gone from being an every day coach at football clubs to what seems to me as a part time coach for the England U 21’s not much of a cv for either of them at their ages.

He's regarded as one of the best English youth coaches in the country.

Regardless of who comes in ..

Fanbase will never be happy !! Even if Pep rolled up to Finch Farm we’d still find fault .

#neverbehappyusblues

9BA6F1AA-4C50-4DB3-95E7-2BF61352B5FC.jpeg

….all quiet as far as the market is concerned, Rooney perhaps a touch stronger as current favourite.

Regardless of who comes in ..

Fanbase will never be happy !! Even if Pep rolled up to Finch Farm we’d still find fault .

#neverbehappyusblues

…I disagree with this. You can never have 100% contentment, but generally speaking the fans will be ‘happy’ if results are good, the team is progressive and we have some success.

Benitez was hugely unpopular but would’ve been tolerated if results were good.

Would it be that huge for a Premier League club to hire an up and coming coach with an average tenure in role of 3 months?

Sounds a bit like more of the old boys network to me.
Highly rated and England U21 coach, it’s more justified than any other ex Everton player at the club.

I'm always fascinated by coaches that survive the bad runs and can turn things around.

I guess Alex Ferguson was the famous one.

The return of Ranieri to win the league was incredible.

Moyes had some bad runs but managed to progress the club overall and survived some bad appointments to do well at West Ham.

Ancelotti back at Madrid is interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.