Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah fair enough. So he's been there less than half a season? Sounds very unlikely that he'd move on that fast.

"... Potter til the end of the season"??

Yeah cos (on the vague off chance that Potter was actually interested) he'd DEFINITELY leave a secure job for a 6 month contract with us.
What i ment was IF Potter comes, he probably himself would want a clause to release him if we do get relegated. Any new manager will probably be installed for 6 months with options for longer, a la Rangnick.

An absolute yard dog of a manager who has convinced some he's boss because he finished 4th with the current European Champions.

Whoever plays Kante as an attacking midfielder isn't welcome here.

Come on that’s harsh. A yard dog of a manager? The current champions yes which he signed most of them or helped develop, a big part of that team was his. It was just a step too soon for him and he brought too many players in at once.

Tuchel isn’t exactly having the best of time now either.

Yes. I think I mentioned previously about jobs for the boys, to me it depends on who they are. If people go away, prove themselves etc I'm not sure it's fair to level them with that stick.

I had an argument with someone the other day about Cahill, saying he'd only get the job as he played for the club. This is a fella who has built a massive brand, worked on 4 different continents and earned plaudits, gone and got a business degree from a world leading university and is now running a big football club/academy structure over in the middle east. To top it off, he clearly loves and understands the club. The idea he couldn't add something to the club is ridiculous, and as you say that he gets lumped in with Jeffers or Baxter seems really odd.

Of the names above, I'd happily have Weir and Carsley involved. Arteta won't come back now. Rooney might. If you want to create a club culture, I suppose it needs to be the right people.
Worked with a guy very close to Jeffers, will just say the bloke should never be anywhere near this club from stories I heard about how "professional" he was.

Just require a quality manage like kovac. A decent manager can get serviceable performances even from lousy players. Look at palace somehow Viera can win games with the blunder factory known as Joe Ward. Moyes was capable of it too. It's about utilizing even sub standard players in a way they can contribute on the pitch and not be a detriment.

Note there are exceptions to this rule such as iwobi, trying to make him a passable player Is just a futile endeavor

Last edited:
I'm sat by the phone and waiting for the call Dario.

maccas blueprint for success

Score more than the opposition
Concede less than the opposition
Defend set pieces properly
Attack set pieces properly
Pass to a team mate
Take shots at goal
Don't let opposition take free shots

maccas 4231 to success (hybrids into a 433 when out of possession as Gordon tucks into a middle 3)

GK Pickford
RB Patterson
CB Mina
CB Godfrey
LB Digne (signed him back for 1.8m)
CM Allan
CM Doucoure
ALW Richarlison
CAM Gordon
ARW Gray
CF DCL

FA Cup winners 2022
Europa Conference League winners 2023
League Cup winners 2023
Premier League winners 2024
Chanpions League winners 2024

Retires 2025 to marry long lost love Madonna aged 108 and caught having an orgy with Madonna and lead singer from the Bangles
I'm with you macca!!

Lampard pros

Would install an identify
Plays good football
Develops youth

Cons
Is he tough enough?
Can he adapt formations
His record with Chelsea was mixed

Giving Lampard an interview is a mistake. Say by some miracle he does well as manager, it won’t be long before Chelsea come along and take him back. Can’t win either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.