Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My view on today... If anyone is interested.

4-4-2 was predictable but again out numbered in the CM 3 v 2 and even more when Coutinho and Buendia came infield, a coach carrying on the same 2 in CM ideas of the previous regime, which was disappointing. Line up was disappointing and the 2 we thought might play bad did play badly.

Who plays 4-4-2 in this day and age? Dyche (Burnley), Howe (Bournemouth), Hassenhuttl (Southampton) & Dean Smith more recently at Norwich. Do we aspire to be like them?

I had hoped for more but more under Dunc, Newcastle will be very very tough and I wouldnt back us to beat them and then we are right in the middle of it. We really could be in the think of a relegation fight, just 4 points from the bottom 3.

We need a manager and a DoF ASAP to put us on the right path..... Feeling really despondent regarding Everton these days, losing game after game is hard to take, this trend I fear is irreversible and we are going.
We need a manager, around 12 better quality players, and a DoF ASAP to put us on the right path..... Feeling really despondent regarding Everton these days, losing game after game is hard to take, this trend I fear is irreversible and we are going.

You could see the difference on the ball between the two teams Toff, Villa went forward it was one touch footy, players in space, ping, ping, ping, we went forward it was laboured, no movement, no one wanted to get on the ball, we took that long it allowed Villa players to get back in position.
They weren’t even that good and yet were able to outplay us.

Dunc proved he isn’t a manager. He needs to leave if he ever wants to be one

The fact people thought we played well today concerns me a lot. We didn't even try to play football and wouldn't have scored if we were still playing
I think the effort and intensity was there but I think the effort has been in most games (not the intensity, but intensity comes down to how you’re set up in your pressing etc)

We have no quality though. As loads of us like me and you said in the summer - people confused running with quality

I think the effort and intensity was there but I think the effort has been in most games (not the intensity, but intensity comes down to how you’re set up in your pressing etc)

We have no quality though. As loads of us like me and you said in the summer - people confused running with quality
I want Lampard because I know he would never send a team out to just hoof it with no plan. He has clear ways he wants to play. Our way out of this implementing patterns of play, not hoofing it like some pub team.

Intensity was a little better but that should be a given.

We need a manager, around 12 better quality players, and a DoF ASAP to put us on the right path..... Feeling really despondent regarding Everton these days, losing game after game is hard to take, this trend I fear is irreversible and we are going.
I dont think we need that many players, we need to play with a shape that suits them. Its glaringly obvious that is 4-3-3 yet every manager resists it because it is obvious....

We are in massive trouble, Newcastle will beat us , Dunc will still be in charge because we cant trust this board to deliver anyone in 2 weeks let alone the right man that can save us.

Dont pretend that Villa are all that because they arent, just another in a long list of clubs that have gone by us this season. We are sinking and there is nothing any of us can do to stop that.

WHAT A MESS!

I want Lampard because I know he would never send a team out to just hoof it with no plan. He has clear ways he wants to play. Our way out of this implementing patterns of play, not hoofing it like some pub team.

Intensity was a little better but that should be a given.
Yeah I've got no real opinion on Lampard tbh.

Club's a mess. We let Benitez stay at least a month too long and that month has done some real damage.

Digne showed up a good portion of our idiotic fanbase today

Form between Matchday 8 and Matchday 23 has us bottom....

In this time:-

Watford have got 2 more points
Burnley have 3 more points
Brentford have 6 more points
Newcastle have 7 more points
Brighton have 9 more points
NORWICH HAVE ACCUMULATED 10 MORE POINTS, and everyone considered them dead and buried, if both clubs continue in this form they will finish above us, as will Watford, Burnley and Newcastle. We would finish bottom!!!

Massive massive trouble!!! All the signs are there.......

1642885932125.png

Honestly still baffled people are seemingly pleased with that performance, or see it as a big improvement. Villa are mid table, nothing more, and we barely troubled them. They sat behind the ball, comfortable I’m the knowledge, we didn’t look like breaking them down. Hoof ball won’t get you anywhere in this league.

Honestly still baffled people are seemingly pleased with that performance, or see it as a big improvement. Villa are mid table, nothing more, and we barely troubled them. They sat behind the ball, comfortable I’m the knowledge, we didn’t look like breaking them down. Hoof ball won’t get you anywhere in this league.
Yes when the game started the crowd we’re up for it cheering every pass and tackle, but then it dawned on us although the effort was there , no plan was attached to it and the crowd became mostly muted with that realisation and also that Pickford was the main supplier of the passes to the forwards with his long punts down the field.

wWe improved slightly when Gordon and Allan came on but the two or three chances we created were wasted because DCL and Charlie never had the composure to put them away and as the time ticked away we looked less and less like getting anything from this game.

Hard to see were we are getting the points necessary to keep us up.

i remember watching Spurs at our place under Conte, 1st game in charge and didnt pull up any trees but ground out a result. Duncan not The answer but we created 4 maybe 5 good chances 2nd half and other than the set piece goal we looked alot more assured defensively. I am confident based on the results around us that we’ve got enough to stay up then we can try and reset the club properly come the summer. I thought we deserved at least a draw today but I’ve got blue tinted specs on.

I think just 6 better players, 4 defenders and 2 midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.