Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael is blameless, wasnt him who injured the players, wasnt him who over the last few years built a shocking squad.
Shame it didnt work out for him, but it wasnt for the lack of trying, something we cant say about his scumbag predecessor.
Not blameless at all. His tactics, his subs, his team selections. His training regime that invited players, his rushing players back that reinsurer players. His forcing our most creative players out.

I don’t think you can say he did awful, Chelsea is a very tough job and better managers have struggled there. He did well the first season just made some mistakes the season after buying too many players at once, hopefully he has learned from that. He wants to play good football, trusts in younger players and would attract quality to the club.

I'm sat by the phone and waiting for the call Dario.

maccas blueprint for success

Score more than the opposition
Concede less than the opposition
Defend set pieces properly
Attack set pieces properly
Pass to a team mate
Take shots at goal
Don't let opposition take free shots

maccas 4231 to success (hybrids into a 433 when out of possession as Gordon tucks into a middle 3)

GK Pickford
RB Patterson
CB Mina
CB Godfrey
LB Digne (signed him back for 1.8m)
CM Allan
CM Doucoure
ALW Richarlison
CAM Gordon
ARW Gray
CF DCL

FA Cup winners 2022
Europa Conference League winners 2023
League Cup winners 2023
Premier League winners 2024
Chanpions League winners 2024

Retires 2025 to marry long lost love Madonna aged 108 and caught having an orgy with Madonna and lead singer from the Bangles
Wait wait wait

Passing to a team mates a thing? I’ve heard stories but never seen it, thought it was make believe

Dont rule Martinez out.

That move for Vermaelen yesterday looked significant.
Dave, Martinez's first season was our most enjoyable one in years, but, in our current position, he would relegate us. Unfortunately, and I like the man, his sides seem to have a soft centre, not ideal for a relegation battle. Imagine him trying to get us playing his short passing game when most of our players have little movement and poor control of the ball.
He really would be a terrible appointment.

Honestly... If Potter has no aspirations to come to Everton instead of Brighton then we would have dodged a bullet. The size of the 2 clubs it's not even a close contest. But I would suggest we leave Duncan in charge until the summer and then get Potter. It must be a long term project for him and we as a fambase must have patience. I wouldn't want him coming now and forcing Holgate/Keane and Godfrey play out from the back....

The thought of that is the stuff of nightmares.
I think Duncs 442 today and lump it up field tactic proved he learnt nothing and is totally the wrong for the job.. it’s a shame

Why do people think he would come to a side 16th in the table when he bailed on Crystal Palace before the season had even begun?

Bloke would fall on his arse with this side imo most managers would.

We did try warn them about sacking a manager mid season in our position.

@Saint Domingo
@davek
@4737carlin
@FrenchDarrenBent
He has a track record of sorting clubs out in similar situations. They have to try. It's either that, or go for Rooney based on him being an Evertonian of sorts and trying to do it on that fighting spirit.

haha don't be a pillock man. If we'd sacked Benitez after the derby, which was the latest he should have gone, we'd have had more time and wouldn't be in such a grim position.

Benitez has absolutely destroyed everything at this club in the last six months.

After today and our financial situation I think its best we just give it Dunc until the seasons end.

Limp to the finish line then go for Kovac in the summer.
Do you want to be relegated? That performance showed today he not up for it. Why would you want to give it to a man who doesn’t want it and way out his comfort zone

Status
Not open for further replies.