Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a powder keg here tbh but the people of Northern Ireland are British without a doubt.
Try going to Sand Row for instance and telling people they aren’t British.
Anyway let’s agree to disagree on this one.
Im not arguing or disagreeing. My understanding was that legally speaking it is its own jurisdiction though isn't it? How people class themselves is up to them, and I know it can be an emotive and contentious point and I'm not saying people are wrong or right in however they want to class themselves.

I'm technically English, but I hate many associations with what being 'English' is. So I will say I'm British as well. (A bit disenfranchised by labels of any sort really when it is to do with something I had zero control over such as where I was born)

Apologies if I caused any offence. Not what I intended to do at all.

@ToffeeTim

A lot of his work at Frankfurt too revolved around the front three of Haller, Jovic and Rebic. He then had Kostic at LWB who is a wonderful player. He had Da Costa (I think) on the right.

Lightning in a bottle.

You are if Kovac is the other option
Yeah I am for where we are right now, because I've watched his teams a fair bit in the past and know a bit about why it all went wrong at Bayern (fine, we aren't Bayern, I get that) and also why his Frankfurt team were decent. And we don't have the ingredients that his Frankfurt team did, I don't think.

He's very much like a Benitez type and I think we need to get away from that.

Yeah I am for where we are right now, because I've watched his teams a fair bit in the past and know a bit about why it all went wrong at Bayern (fine, we aren't Bayern, I get that) and also why his Frankfurt team were decent. And we don't have the ingredients that his Frankfurt team did, I don't think.

He's very much like a Benitez type and I think we need to get away from that.
Benitez type - I can assure you not a chance he goes on a run like Benitez

Benitez type - I can assure you not a chance he goes on a run like Benitez
I don't think many managers would!

But that isn't really the point. He's a very similar type of manager. Pretty dour, very much a disciplinarian (which I'm not against) but poor man-management. Wants to play on individual moments rather than have a structure of playing, so that relies on players being in form (his Frankfurt success in 18-19 was built on Haller and Jovic being absolutely unbelievable, the latter especially).

So for right now I'm not sure that suits us at all.

Basically yes.

I don't really take his work at Bayern very seriously as it has little relevance. He won a double there by the way, but I wouldn't read too much into it either way. Did a good job at Monaco too.
@Zatara has pointed out his flaws at Monaco.

He's basically like Benitez in how he wants to play (albeit a better version of that). Is that what we really want?

Maybe he would give us enough, but I think we'd be looking at a new manager in 18 months though so in that case I'd just want us to go for Favre, all out, and say look, you're our man for 18 months, sort us out, like you did with Gladbach, Nice, and stabilise us.

Mate, it's Bayern, it's the least you'd expect.

There were genuine concerns among their hierarchy that they were going to get relegated in their second season when he got sacked.

I know, I covered it all.

Nah it was the players, or at least at first it was. He dropped Muller for no reason. Players revolted, they were baffled by his tactics and his man-management is as bad as Benitez's.

Flick was the one who fell out with Salihamidžić.

If Kovac came in the summer, if we were set up properly for it, then maybe he'd be a good fit. I really don't think he's the right fit for now though

Ive posted before on this forum that he was the 'Benitez' type or words to that effect before.

The players hated him. The fans hated the performances. The management hated his attitude.

Lovely name though. Yawn.

This article doesn't thrill me with desire for Kovac tbh

Makes sense. Id not read that he had lost the dressing room -- not sure if thats true.

But theres no doubt players regressed and big money players flopped.

Boadu for example was someone people on here wanted us to sign.

I couldn't care less if he lost the dressing room with this gang of misfits.

Bring him in and let him rebuild the team by flogging off wasters like Delph, Keane, Iwobi, Tosun etc

"Gang full of misfits"

Would that be Bayern or Monaco ?

We are Frankfurt though, not Bayern. So his relevant work is very good.

Monaco would be quite relevant as well. Id imagine him coming in, saving us from relegation...

...everyone is happy.

In summer we make sales, he spends the money and then several players regress and the big money signings flop.

12months time were back here again with people calling Kovac Benitez 2.

What makes Rooney so different to other championship managers like Tony Mowbray or Steve Cooper

You can answer that yourself surely?

If theres one thing Rooney knows, its football. Hes been an elite footballer and has taken a step into management when he could have stayed in MLS or gone elsewhere to play and earn the big bucks still.

If you want a young manager with a 'name' to attract players and someone who they will want to learn from and listen to you dont get too many better names than Rooney.

The key is the DOF with him.

Cooper comes across well actually. I wouldnt be against him either.

Im fairly open minded on managers thesedays, as long as they make sense in some way.

Mowbray would be a no from me.

What makes Rooney so different to other championship managers like Tony Mowbray or Steve Cooper
what made Beneti z the man for the job. Why not being back Silva? We could go around in circles for ever discussing who is the right man for the job. Rooney might be. Or he might not be. Just opinions from us.
What makes Pep the best man for the City job. Money. No guarantee that Pep would even be good for us..
We don't have that luxury(money) at present. ( money wasted). So let's hope that the next manager is the right manager. Rooney or not.
And as for what makes Rooney a better choice than Mowbray or Cooper. He was a far better footballer. He knows Everton. He knows what it takes in the Premier League ( hopefully). He has potential. The players might play for him. A given I know. But some of these players haven't played consistently now for a few managers. And he just might get the supporters fully behind him. But who knows. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.