Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fan in peace...

Reading through this thread is interesting. My gut feeling is Everton won't go down, you are too big, but looking at the results and remaining fixtures I understand the concern.

I am really surprised with where the blame is being pointed to though. RB was the wrong manager but he was only manager for a few months. I just don't see how he could be blamed for the current situation. My outsider view is that the issue lies with Denise Barrett-Baxendale. Every company needs a CEO that puts the structure and strategy in place and makes sure the management team deliver this. Managerial appointments, transfers, transfer strategy and financials all look to be a mess. Yes, you need a new manager quickly to avoid relegation but that is just a bandaid to cover up the problems imo. Next year will be just as bad, if not worse until the right CEO and management team are put in place. A challenge with this is that Moshiri doesn't want a strong CEO and he wants to play games with Everton FC like its his latest toy. The danger with this is he may get bored of his new toy and stop the investment.

Tough times, I don't like to see any club go through this sort of shyte. Best of luck with getting a new manager.

The real problem, IMO, is that Board at Everton is continually undermined and overruled by the owner.

DBB, I would be 100% certain, did not want Benitez as nanager.

Nor do I believe for one second Mr. Kenwright did either.

And Marcel Brand, a board nember at the time, most certainly did not.

He was appointed by the only person whose opinion counts….Mr. Farhad Moshiri.

And the whole of Evertonia was appalled.

He does what he pleases.

And it would not matter if a new Board was appointed in the morning….it would still be subject to the whims and fancies of an owner who has way more money than football acumen.

just ignore him

there are a lot of similarities between us under Moshiri and Villa under Lerner so far, big spending for a while, but not really improving too much, employing a rivals loved manager

i just hope we don't go down but i'm not optimistic
I was thinking that myself. Lerner was the saviour and was pumping money into the club. We had for 6th place finishes under Martin O'Neil. But to get to the next level needed a new level of investment and he bottled it and ran for cover and closed his wallet. I think Moshiri has more cash than Learner had but 500m on players and the cost of the new stadium will need to start pay back sooner rather than later imo

The real problem, IMO, is that Board at Everton is continually undermined and overruled by the owner.

DBB, I would be 100% certain, did not want Benitez as nanager.

Nor do I believe for one second Mr. Kenwright did either.

And Marcel Brand, a board nember at the time, most certainly did not.

He was appointed by the only person whose opinion counts….Mr. Farhad Moshiri.

And the whole of Evertonia was appalled.

He does what he pleases.

And it would not matter if a new Board was appointed in the morning….it would still be subject to the whims and fancies of an owner who has way more money than football acumen.
That's a bloody disaster. Clubs need owners that provide funding and tell the CEO what level of success they require. Then CEO must be left to manage the club as they see fit and the owner should only turn up for a quarterly update or make an appearance when there is a trip to Wembley or something like that. Owners should not be seen hanging around football clubs and they should not be in the media discussing any of the day to day runnings of the club. That is the CEO's job. I don't think I ever saw your CEO on Sky and I had to google to see who it was

I posted earlier that we should stay up. Pereira is now odds on to take over. Sadly I must contradict my earlier posts and concede that we are absolutely guaranteed to go down :(

That's a bloody disaster. Clubs need owners that provide funding and tell the CEO what level of success they require. Then CEO must be left to manage the club as they see fit and the owner should only turn up for a quarterly update or make an appearance when there is a trip to Wembley or something like that. Owners should not be seen hanging around football clubs and they should not be in the media discussing any of the day to day runnings of the club. That is the CEO's job. I don't think I ever saw your CEO on Sky and I had to google to see who it was

Correct.

Yet Jim White has Mr, Moshiri on speed dial and is forever interviewing him live on air at talkSPORT or Sky.

Usually chatting total wham about Lukaku’s ma practicing Voodoo or James McCarthy being part of the “family” when he would have been sold to Palace but for Barkley robbing us of the transfer fee fron Chelsea.

Shame really Villa fans won’t care, but I use to quite like Villa now they have that manager they are near the bottom of my list of don’t mind team. How smug he was yesterday I can’t wait until he has that smug look taken away it will happen.
Villa are annoying.

They think they have the same or even bigger status than this club.

Deluded.

Villa are annoying.

They think they have the same or even bigger status than this club.

Deluded.
I mean, its hard to argue that currently, they dont.

We are seen as a basket case at the moment, Villa have an up-and-coming manager that appears to be going in the right direction, a group of owners willing to invest some capital and above all, a reasonable transfer policy with a plan.

Everything we arent.

I mean, its hard to argue that currently, they dont.

We are seen as a basket case at the moment, Villa have an up-and-coming manager that appears to be going in the right direction, a group of owners willing to invest some capital and above all, a reasonable transfer policy with a plan.

Everything we arent.
That's nothoing to do with historical pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.