Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m shocked that GOT’s instant forum reaction of complete unfounded negativity is based on nothing more than ‘farmers league’ arguments
I think it's more that it's baffling a manager who was on the list in 2013 and was interviewed then but missed out to Martinez, and then was pushed towards us again in 2017, is on the list in 2022...

A complete journeyman manager...

Win percentages are only useful if you're comparing comparable clubs. The one club he took charge of that compares to our situation is 1860 Munich, with Kia again behind that deal, and he got them relegated when they had half a season left.

Have done a deeper comparison of various Manager stats and it ended up being more surprising and interesting than i had anticipated. This guy is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. He actual has a higher overall win rate than every other Manager i have added on this comparison, Potter included and Klopp included who by the way also has a relegation to his name from Mainz in 2007. See for yourself but there is basically a lot of bollox being spread about this fella and we could actually do a lot worse. If he gets appointed then get behind him and give him a chance before we hang, draw and quarter him would be my suggestion.

View attachment 153212
Sorted:)

Reactions: Lob
Sacked in three of his last 4 jobs within 5 months?

Reason to be negative no?

We’ve sacked five managers in five years, did you think we’d attract a manager who has had stable long tenures their wholes career? Shockingly they’d have zero interest in being anywhere near our basket case.

Wasn't he like THE name to get abar 5 years ago and we got Koeman instead?
Pre-Martinez

I was one of the 'Team Pereira' people back in the day when his stock was still relatively high. But it's been 7/8 years since he was successful at Porto and ever since then he's been in a different job every year.

For a club after 'stability' above all else this would be a ridiculous appointment.

Have done a deeper comparison of various Manager stats and it ended up being more surprising and interesting than i had anticipated. This guy is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. He actual has a higher overall win rate than every other Manager i have added on this comparison, Potter included and Klopp included who by the way also has a relegation to his name from Mainz in 2007. See for yourself but there is basically a lot of bollox being spread about this fella and we could actually do a lot worse. If he gets appointed then get behind him and give him a chance before we hang, draw and quarter him would be my suggestion.

View attachment 153212
Win percentage has no basis to form
who would be a good manager for us. Turkish, Portuguese and Chinese leagues cannot be compared to managing derby county for 18!months with a transfer embargo fielding youth players and a 20 point deduction.
We are comparing apples and pairs.

Fact is there are no standout candidates for us in our situation. We need someone to turn us round and take us forward. That is not necessarily someone who has managed the top teams in foreign leagues .

I think it's more that it's baffling a manager who was on the list in 2013 and was interviewed then but missed out to Martinez, and then was pushed towards us again in 2017, is on the list in 2022...

Why though? The reasons we presumably were interested back then are probably the same. There’s something about his profile that appeals to the Everton hierarchy. He won’t have just lost that in a few years. I’d much rather we were going for a longer term target than just knee jerking at the next shiny name to appear (which Rooney would have been)

He actual has a higher overall win rate than every other Manager i have added on this comparison,
Look who he managed. How can you use his win rate in diddy leagues as a direct comparison. Probably some pub team managers with a better win rate than Klopp. If no context win rates is what we need why not give the job to some kid who is boss at football manager or fifa.

This guy wasn't good enough for Everton twice before. He will get the job because Kia Joorabchian has influence over Moshiri.

What are the Everton ITKs saying about this? Is the fox saying yay or nay? He's pretty much the only ITK I'd believe.

But he had a decent win record before wolves
At one club! Benfica! If anything that strengthens my point, in that most fans seem to google any linked managers and decides he’ll relegate us.

Pereira has a 55% win ratio across all the clubs he’s managed. Lage had a good ratio at just one club.

View attachment 153212

Overall win % means absolutely nothing in comparison when teams are in different leagues. I'm sure the other managers would have a higher overall % if they went into China or Saudi Arabia or GREECE.

Status
Not open for further replies.