Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

You won't go down. Points on the board - regardless of form - is a big thing in relegation matters. Plus a new manager coming in (with any form of attacking mindset) will inevitably give a boost.

Everton and Villa are on the same level historically and as a Villa fan, I am confident you will get through this mess having seen first hand what it takes to actually get relegated. You're miles above that.

You are 5/1 for relegation at most bookies for a reason.

I can’t think of a manager capable of dragging us out of this mess…. It’s down to luck now more than anything
If we stick with Ferguson I think his enthusiasm and will to win combined on a much simpler approach to the games will be enough to keep us up. A new manager coming in who needs time to settle could be enough to drop us into the bottom 3 and then we will find it very difficult to claw our way out.
My big worry is what happens next summer, if you were one of our better players with a chance to move why would you not take it. They have been promised for years that we are going to be competitive, we never see it. If I was Richy, DCL, Pickford, Gray I wouldn’t want to have played all my career without as much as a sniff of winning something. Having a management team who keep putting in sub standard managers who can’t come up with a winning formula and who have a negative impact on your career can’t be good.

I still have us finishing 14th-16th, but we need to improve and pick up points as soon as, next 2 games are massive in rasing our confidence and creating some breathing space

Status
Not open for further replies.