Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are considerably more educated people than I on football managers, but may I ask, what is the main issue with this guy? For the record, I'd much prefer Lampard.

But, outside of the fact that he hasn't coached in the prem, it appears he likes to play an aggressive counter-attacking style, is a real sh*thouse on the touchline and to the media (exactly what we like) and doesn't need the money, so for this job his only motivation is to win and the challenge of managing in the prem.

Would a learned forum goer also be able to provide some detail on tactics and his approach to the game (we have had 167 pages of bed-wetting and it appears no one really knows what he is like)

I think we need to try and compartmentalise the decision-making from the appointment. It is not his fault that Moshiri runs are ridiculous process - crucial we get behind him and provide him the chance to succeed.
Someone done a Vitor Pereira tactics thread before and can’t lie it got me excited mate. Well said.

There are considerably more educated people than I on football managers, but may I ask, what is the main issue with this guy? For the record, I'd much prefer Lampard.

But, outside of the fact that he hasn't coached in the prem, it appears he likes to play an aggressive counter-attacking style, is a real sh*thouse on the touchline and to the media (exactly what we like) and doesn't need the money, so for this job his only motivation is to win and the challenge of managing in the prem.

Would a learned forum goer also be able to provide some detail on tactics and his approach to the game (we have had 167 pages of bed-wetting and it appears no one really knows what he is like)

I think we need to try and compartmentalise the decision-making from the appointment. It is not his fault that Moshiri runs are ridiculous process - crucial we get behind him and provide him the chance to succeed.
Who do you think you are coming on here with your reasonable and sensible comments?! lol
As @chicoazul so humbly pointed out there is a decent breakdown of his tactics by some lad on the main page worth a look

I can't speak for everybody - but for me it's the fact that the modern day Grima Wormtongue that is Kia Joorabchian has engineered him into the club

Hey if hes hired I just hope he plays the Everton way , which by looking at the past several managerial stints involves the players not being able to complete simple passes and defenders making calamitous howlers

Phone woke me up going nuts with bloody notifications of this absolute fraud being announced as our next manager.

How is he even close to being the best possible option for us given our current situation?! Look at his record for god's sake?

There's plenty of better options out of work currently, it's just mind numbingly depressing.

Vitor Pereira has managed in the Champions League with several clubs (I remember his famous Olympiacos team trouncing Arsenal) and he has won various leagues titles and trophies with Porto and Olympiacos. As assistant manager at Porto he actually won the UEFA Cup, or Europa League.

I like the guy, but he has no Premier League experience. To keep this squad of players in the Premier League we need an old hand, someone who is used to doing rescue jobs in the Premier League. Someone of the ilk of Big Sam. Not that I’m saying we should appoint Big Sam, but you get the idea.

Vitor Pereira has managed in the Champions League with several clubs (I remember his famous Olympiacos team trouncing Arsenal) and he has won various leagues titles and trophies with Porto and Olympiacos. As assistant manager at Porto he actually won the UEFA Cup, or Europa League.

I like the guy, but he has no Premier League experience. To keep this squad of players in the Premier League we need an old hand, someone who is used to doing rescue jobs in the Premier League. Someone of the ilk of Big Sam. Not that I’m saying we should appoint Big Sam, but you get the idea.
Marco Silva was the manager of Olympiacos when they beat Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.