Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also operated through a transfer ban and wasn't able to sign any players and he still managed to get the youth team to qualify for the CL. He did quite well at Derby too. The concern with Lamps is that when TT took over at Chelsea they improved significantly and very quickly so TT was able to do something Lamps couldn't.
I’d say that was all about experience. Frank kept playing the same way, hoping these new expensive attackers would finally start performing, but he was a bit open defensively.

Tuchel switched to a back 5 with 2 workhorses infront and started to win 1-0. Werner was still terrible, Havertz improved a little, while Zeych was still in and out.

Interesting that Chelsea are the same points now behind the leaders that frank was when he got sacked this time last year. And he’s got Lukaku and Saul

Can someone please briefly summarise the ongoings of the last couple of days .
I am working on a ship enroute to New Jersey via the Caribbean (long story) internet is painful at the best of times.
Basically we sacked Benitez and life as we know it stopped at Everton Football club, there are so many ITK contradicting everyone, the club has gone on a news blackout, protests are growing daily, were on the back page of most papers for the perceived wrong reasons, Sky news are talking about us and know one has a scooby do what's going to happen or when

Has anyone watched the long interview he did with Gary Neville, on The Overlap? It's the latest one. I loved the Roy Keane one, but I got bored of watching this a few mins in.

I refuse to watch it unless he's announced.

Yes the Keane one is great. I watched this last night, comes across very well, we all know he’s an intelligent guy. But driven and hungry to succeed.

He also mentions that getting a job a top club, it’s obvious things aren’t going to be great at the club at that time. Ended up by saying as long as he’s working for a good owner lol

More concerning will be how his London based wife will cope with him being up here if he wants to do a long term stint
I’m sure she will cope..

8ABB480F-230D-4274-87DA-7A67492322DC.jpeg

One of the worries I have with Lampard is he likes to play from the back all the time, nothing wrong per se but I don’t trust Keane and Holgate to be Beckenbauer all of a sudden, we need to start getting some wins on board.

One of the worries I have with Lampard is he likes to play from the back all the time, nothing wrong per se but I don’t trust Keane and Holgate to be Beckenbauer all of a sudden, we need to start getting some wins on board.
I’m sure he will have seen plenty of us and will be watching our recent games. I think he will set up us to make sure we stay up, first and foremost.

And from next summer he will start to implement his philosophy. Maybe he will get the under 23’s playing that style from day one. Though that will probably pee off David “ all about results” Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.